Corporate Compliance Officer
American Institute of Gastric Banding
Responsible for the development and implementation of the company’s regulatory compliance program, including HIPAA privacy and security laws. Program features include corporate policies, Code of Conduct, training and monitoring.
- Improved program metrics five-fold in three months by aggressively scheduling and conducting compliance training sessions.
- Initiated new policies as needed for regulatory and organizational compliance.
- Prepared the company for entry into new markets through state-specific research and policy development.
- Managed the IT department during development of key performance indicators and implementation of new software packages.
- Designed and implemented patient tracking and reporting mechanisms that improved visibility to key operational improvement opportunities.
- Led a team responsible for the selection of new clinical information systems, narrowing the initial field of ten vendors to two.
- Developed the IT team to support planned expansions.
- Led recruitment efforts for medical professionals in new markets.