Laura has been involved in the interactive and traditional marketing industry since 1997. In the last 14 years she has seen e-commerce evolve into a viable industry. She is a well known marketing consultant in the Kansas City area. She brings a user-centered perspective to marketing that promotes mutual benefits for both advertisers and consumers. Marketing is her passion. Laura Lake got her marketing chops the old fashioned way. She earned them. Through years of experience in the marketing industry, Lake has helped thousands of business owners and marketing professionals with her down-to-earth writing, consulting and lectures. Her fresh perspective allows even small companies to benefit from marketing power without spending thousands of dollars. Lake’s success in the marketing world comes from her understanding of the challenges company face. She is a sought-after consultant who helps companies commit the necessary time to research, marketing strategy and development.
- Author of Consumer Behavior for Dummies, published in May of 2009 by Wiley Publishing.
- Recognized as 2010 Kansas City's Rising Star by KC Magazine
- Recognized as a 2011 Kansas City Top 40 Under 40 Nominee.
- Directed Operations and Marketing of Interactive Marketing Agency / Increasing Sales from 400k annually to 1.9 Million …successfully guided the operations and forecasting of interactive agency to handle quadrupled sales. Assisted in increase of staff from 4 to 30 team members. Managed the team, training and development as well as marketing efforts. Key accounts include National Geographic, Quicken Loans, 21st Century, Snapfish and Wynn Las Vegas.
- Fourteen Years Experience in Interactive Marketing…began in interactive/internet marketing in 1997. Experience in development and management of the following online marketing initiatives:
oIntegration of offline and online marketing
oSearch (both organic and paid) (experience with BidRank, Atlas OnePoint, Keyword Max)
oInteractive ROI analysis
oSocial Media Marketing (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and More)
oViral and buzz marketing
oInteractive Web 2.0 public relations
oWeb Analytics (experience with Omniture, WebTrends, Urchin, Webalizer, AWStats)
- Published author ...writing has been featured in college textbooks as well as trade magazines and newsletters. Currently have written over 300 articles on the topics of advertising, marketing, public relations, branding, and sales. Some of the articles can be reviewed at: http://marketing.about.com
Published in the following textbooks:
Beginning Business,: NSW Business, HSC
Basic Marketing Research Textbook, Thomas Learning
Featured in trade magazines such as:Missouri Medicine, the Journal of the Missouri State Medical AssociationNSCA Building Connections
Author of Consumer Behavior for Dummies, Wiley Publishing, Released in May of 2009
- Launching an Internet Sales & Marketing Consulting Firm / Increasing Sales 133% … successfully launching business and increasing first year sales 133%. Holding sole responsibility for sales, product development and full-life cycle management. Developed and currently manage an ongoing base of 52 accounts, providing annual ongoing sales.
- Managing Projects Totaling $2.5 Million Annually / Leading Project Management Team …projects totaling from $2 million to $2.5 million annually. Directing staff responsible for administration and project management and improving staff production by 25%.