SVP & Chief Information Officer
The CDM Group
Senior executive responsible for overall global technology strategy and execution and responsible for all systems and technology for an organization that operates in six countries and services billion-dollar brands of clients such as Pfizer, Novartis, Genentech, and Amgen.Responsibilities include managing and advancing CDM’s systems and technologies on a global basis - including embedding technology across the various disciplines to generate efficiencies and benefits thru advanced workflow and project management systems as well as drive and support business growth, business analysis and intelligence. Manage a staff of 34 and $10M Budget.
- Completely transformed how the agency operates, building efficiencies and automating systems and workflows by implementing a SharePoint based environment that could be leveraged to build the business.Implemented client extranet sites to provide instant access for client data and generate additional revenue.Eliminated paper processes.
- Integrated all global offices into a single technology architecture
- Implemented a Digital Asset Management System (DAM), for agency to house all digital assets and manage usage rights.Currently implementing a portal solution to allow client access to this site along with client digital workflow to track the history and approval process of these assets.
- Working with clients to implement a web-based solution for translation, adaptation and ability to reduce costs by allowing templated creation of assets in the local markets.
- Successful turnaround of the company's IT department in less than 10 months from a pretty dysfunctional organization and created a great, performance driven team which by account of other top managers in the company performed above and beyond their expectations.
- Significantly improved the service levels, computers' and networks' robustness, and systems' security and availability. Created a teams driven organization, which is very well motivated and suited for the tasks it needs to perform. Successfully changed the IT's work from just a problem troubleshooting mode to the much more efficient work stream incorporating problems prevention, strategic planning and active participation in strategic and some client projects.
- Successfully deployed IT infrastructure and applications to enable expansion into Europe, partnering with the business to become the largest healthcare marketing group. Supported 50% business expansion.
- Managed a high profile client digital development initiative that won over clients and awarded new business to the agency.This Closed-loop Marketing (CLM) initiative gives our clients sales professionals the ability to dynamically create an on the fly “evidenced-based promotional environment”.Evaluated Exploria, Proscape and Skura.
- Provided solutions to support centralized client billing across different agencies under a single holding company.
- Currently designing, building, implementing and supporting financial system conversion to Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Reduced IT spend year over year for the past five years.