Business Development Delmarva Region/Estimating & Preconstruction Services
Nason Construction, Inc.
- Review solicitations and outline requirements for hard bids, RFQ, RFP and/or budget submissions. Provide outline for requirements (bonding, financials, schedule, “breakdown”, etc.) delegating responsibilities and managing compilation of pieces for complete and compliant proposal.
- Responsible for compiling and submitting estimates (Divisions 1-33) for renovations, additions, and ground-up/new construction work.
- Review drawings and provide constructability reviews. Provide “Path Forward” plans to clients upon review of owner goals, project overview, and schedule.
- Construct conceptual estimates and budgets to owners. Budgets compiled through subcontractor pricing and feedback, take-offs, and historical data.
- Provide alternates means, methods, and materials in order to achieve schedule and economic goals which are in the best interest of the client and the project.
- Understanding of components and requirements for MBE, DBE, and wage rate and certified payroll. Familiar with forms required for such requirements for State of Maryland, State of Delaware, and public projects.
- Develop scopes of work for respective trades based on design, specifications, and construction documents.
- Complete descope meetings and buy-out process for all trades.
- Analyze project needs, supplying appropriate General Conditions and Staffing costs to accompany subcontractor bids for estimate and budgets.
- Meet with potential clients, providing information regarding process of project from concept through close-out. This includes timeline, phases, cost, and options for contract types. Provide pro’s and con’s for each contract type in order to assist the client in choosing the best solution for the project.
- Assist clients with design professional options if needed. Including architects, structural engineers, civil engineers, MEP engineers, interior designers, LEED professionals ,etc.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining client relationships, subcontractor relationships, designer and engineer relationships networking, and internal and external communications
- Manages all estimates and pre-construction projects for the Delmarva Region. Prepares lump sum, GMP, design-build budget and estimates for both negotiated and hard bid opportunities. Review estimates directly with COO and Owner for submission.
- Leads business development and marketing for Delmarva regional office, covering 3 states and 14 counties.. Responsibilities include regional goal planning, including development and identification of target markets, and coordination of departmental goals
- Strategic development of market segments, targets, accelerator (partners), capture plans, and professional associations
- Provides recommendations of opportunities and leads accessing probable win rate.