An avid learner in presentation skills which continued throughout semester juries and departmental displays. People Skills has been the Key strength and continued to support various activities interested in gaining technical & practical knowledge in the field of Visual Merchandising, Apparel & Lifestyle Accessories and understanding the working methodology of the UNITED COLORS OF BENETTON and growing Retail industry is the key objective in the coming future
May 2011 - Present
united colors of benetton
- Managing 21 stores all over Gujarat including Family, Adult and kids stores
- Visual Presentation of Store: Standardization of visual presentation of Merchandise, Placement of fixtures as per the plannogram, preparation of all the visuals for all the stores in every season, the Planning a display calendar for the unit, Training on VM & Merchandise presentation to the retail staff and Management of Visual’s & Signage’s for in store & also for brands.
- Store Openings: Responsible for new store opening set-up, Merchandise Display, Co-ordination of Layout Planning with Head office, Merchandise Zoning, Merchandise ordering, Sampling of material specification according to Concept, Ordering of all peripherals required, Artwork for Store Visuals & Signage’s. interacting well at all levels in the business & build strong working relationships
- Responsible for Focal Points & Windows: Conceptualizing Design and Execution of Focal Points, Ensuring focal Points as per the plannograms and Conceptualizing and designing of storyboards for Windows in the Store.
- Event Management: Planning, Conceptualizing design & executing VM for events and Liaison with Marketing for in store communication & events. Coordination with VM, Operations & Projects team on VM Manuals implementation & other store requirement
- Cost Management: Preparing Purchase Order’s, Cost monitoring for VM & ensuring spends are within budgets, Maintenance of VM Peripherals and Documentation of VM activities and budgets.
- Vendor Management: Sourcing of Vendors for VM elements, Out sourcing VM design execution and Conducting Vendor Audits.
- Competencies: Planning & Organizing, Technical Knowledge, Creativity, Communication, Interpersonal Skills, Monitoring & Controlling, Networking, Commercial Awareness, Budgeting and Negotiation..
Achivments and awards
- Won certificate for “fast learner” from vm head
- Received certificate as appreciation for” quality of work “from vm head
- Selected as top ten participants for attending the training on “increasing retail space efficiency via VM and store design”
Jul 2009 - May 2011
UNITED COLORS OF BENETTON (Head Office, Gurgaon, India)
- To Study the Market Potential of Denim Wear in India and do the Product analysis of UCB SS11 Men’s Range
9 Weeks (MAY–AUG 2010)
- To study the impact of Visual Merchandising on the impulse buying behavior of the customer
- To Design the Visual Merchandise manual for the season AW11
16 Weeks (JAN-APR 2011)PROJECTS UNDERTAKEN
- “Strategies in E-Retailing” as Minor Project in context to Apparel Industry
- “Effectiveness of in-store promotional strategies for private labels”
- Worked on a Market Research Project on “Scope of Private labels in Lingerie”.
- Complimentary Merchandise Strategy for Fashion Accessories
- To understand the market dynamics of unorganized synthetic market in Surat.
- 1st prize in Case Study Competition in CEPT, University of Ahmedabad
- Awarded Best Speaker for spoken English competition from British Council in 2006
- Head, Cultural Committee in NIFT: Choreographed and organized Fashion Shows and Dance Shows at College
- Organizer: Save The Tiger at Utkal Diwas for NGO Oriya Samaj in Ahmadabad
- Selected as the Sportswomen of the Year during intra college sports meet during graduation
- Active participant in Food festival and fashion show at NIFT annual fest – Spectrum Eclipse
- Active member of cultural society “Sarang” at Graduation level