Pittsburgh, Pa. Cogo's Company is a retail chain of 48 convenience stores in the Pittsburgh, Pa area.
Responsibilities- Directed overall operations and P&L management. Established performance indicators, operating goals, realignment initiatives, food service productivity improvements, and cost reduction programs that consistently improved product output, product quality and customer satisfaction. Functional areas of management involved strategic planning, human resources, business development, marketing, sales, product management, finance, interaction with community leaders, and developed strategic relationships with local organizations.
- Implemented marketing strategies and merchandising practices that resulted in 15% annual sales growth.
- Improved operational efficiencies that reduced cost and improved GPM.
- Assume leadership roles in both Managers Council and Leadership Council at the corporate level.
- Developed strategic relationships with local organizations that resolved staffing issues.
- Implemented a training and rewards program that improved employee retention.