Name: Lady Sarah Federico
1. The three qualities you like best about yourself are…
I am a leader, an organized task worker, and have a lot of determination
2. The accomplishments you are most proud of are…
I have been successful in the most elite level of competitive softball.
I was a part of a botball team who built a robot from scratch and sent it into live competition
I was selected as a member of a Youth International Space Station Team to construct a microlab and launch it to the International Space Station for testing through a NASA rocket ship
3. The outside of school activity that has been most rewarding for you is....
My involvement in the ISS Team because it has allowed for very unique opportunities which have better prepared me for my future.
4. What is your greatest area of weakness, and why?
I can be stubborn in decisions that conflict with my own views however my ability to work well in teams allows me to either compromise or recede for the most beneficial outcome
5. Right now, what are your top priorities?
I am pursuing an athletic scholarship to a strongly academic college for softball.
My dream school is UCSD so I need to earn a GPA greater then 3.7 in order to qualify for their athletic recruitment process.
To succeed in my AP classes
6. What statement summarizes your personal philosophy of life?
I believe hard work and a good mind set will get one far in life. Long term and short term goals are great for keeping on track. Nothing in life is given because no one is that lucky.
7. What are your career goals or areas of interest?
I plan to major in Bio-medical Engineering and work in a cardiology department developing artificial pace makers.
8. Use this remaining space to relate a specific event that affected you in some way (socially, physically, emotionally, or spiritually). The event you choose and the effect it had on you should give me some insight about you.
My batting coach is surviving Terminal Lung Cancer and was expected to pass a few months ago. His risk is daily so I have been determined to make every day for him special. He has taught me so much but the greatest that i can take from him is that life is a gift. Every morning when i wake up is a gift. Don’t let days go to waste and never hang onto negativity because life is too short to let it cloud you. I’m not sure how long he has but i definitely am determined to live a successful life for him. He is my motivation in everything I do.