- Developed a career in companies of the Telecom, Technology, Services and Industrial segments. - Developed a generalist profile, with in-depth knowledge of the Commercial and Business areas, in addition to Marketing, Management, Finance and Human Resources. - Prepared Strategic Planning of companies and products; prospected New Businesses and Strategic Business Partnerships. - Experienced in structuring / implementing companies and/or regional operations, with involvement in all process stages. - Acquired more than 15 years of professional experience in cutting-edge Technology segments, working in competitive and dynamic markets, at the domestic and international levels. - Performed general Business management, at the strategic and operational levels, with responsibilities over P&L. - Created, implemented and monitored Business and Marketing Plans. - Acquired international experience, through various business trips to countries in Europe, Latin America and the United States.
Jul 2009 - Present
Responsible for the general management as well the alliances with Teradata, Symantec, IBBS, Service-Now, VocalCom, WCA and Kalendae, prospecting and Market developing focused in the Finance and Telecom sectors.
Jan 2008 - Jul 2009
Business Development Manager - Latin America
Report to the Latin America Vice President. Responsible for developing and managing the CCA-Contact Center Anywhere’s opportunities in Latin America, making the CCA, after 6 months attain customers such as CLARO CHILE, OI-CONTAX, TELECOM ARGENTINA, CTBC BRASIL, TELMEX and TELEFONICA, among others, in addition to countless prospects and consolidation of the CCA product as market leader. Responsible for the Commercial support for all Channels in Latin America that are saling CCA product Carried out Marketing actions, including the presence in trade shows and fairs, and actions with the press and in associations such as ABT and Amcham. Restructured and increased networks of representatives and infra-structure installation teams in the major cities in Latam.
Jul 2003 - Dec 2007
KNOWLEDGE SOLUTIONS DIRECTOR
Reported to the President of UL ( Underwrite Labs -110 Years old company centered on Safety)
Responsible for the general management of the Brazilian sales operations for Knowledge Solutions and Large Customers Units, prospecting and developing the market for company products and services, especially in the Oil, Finance and Telecom sectors.
Developed a new “Knowledge Solution Division” product (just for Brazilian needs, till now), named The Civil Construction Quality Program with a good start.
Apr 2002 - Jul 2003
GENERAL MANAGER - BRAZIL
GENESYS TELECOMMUNICATIONS LABORATORIES
POSITION : GENERAL MANAGER BRAZIL. Report to Executive VP in the US - Responsible for managing Unit Brazil, and also holding the position of Marketing Manager for major corporate customers, in addition to representing the company in the Press and in associations with Abraforte and Amcham. - Implemented the Sales area, working through Re-sales (VARs) and making Alliances with Accenture, SAP, Peoplesoft, Oracle and Siebel. - Increased the number of prospects 11-fold, in addition to customers� trust in the product, generating new business opportunities, in addition to reducing sales costs, improving greatly the relationship sales costs x revenues.
7 people have endorsed Luiz Antonio Almeida at GENESYS TELECOMMUNICATIONS LABORATORIES:
“Luiz managed Genesys business in Brazil and did a good job working with my team in some deals in Corporate Market” (August 31, 2004)
– Renato Sato was with INTELwhen working with Luiz Antonio Almeida at GENESYS
“He managed the strategic alliance with SAP and Genesys and we worked together in many deals. He is very smart, business oriented and good sales man. I highly recommend for any other software company.” (June 30, 2004)
– Paulo Spaccaquerche was with SAP when working with Luiz Antonio Almeida at GENESYS
“With good market experience, Luiz Antonio worked aggressively pursuing his objectives but always in a correct and professional way. I recommend.” (June 14, 2004)
- Jaime Honda was with DAMOVO when working with Luiz Antonio Almeida at GENESYS
“I had the opportunity to partner with Luiz in some sales opportunities while he was managing Genesys Telecom in Brazil. Luiz is a much focused business man, with a good sense of opportunity, customer centricity and is very results oriented. He is honest, trustful and a good business advisor.” (June 9, 2004)
– Celso Oliveira was with MICROSOFTwhen working with Luiz Antonio Almeida at GENESYS
“Our companies had global agreements and we had the opportunity to work together in some business. I noticed his seniority and the capacity to drive business in order to close them according his strategy and convenience.” (June 3, 2004)
– Marco Oliveira was with INTEL when working with Luiz Antonio Almeida at GENESYS
“I endorse Luiz strongly. While Luiz was the Country Manager in Brazil, and I was the Global Director of the PeopleSoft Alliance, we worked closely together to close several large, lucrative and sensitive projects in Brazil, and SA. Luiz is highly responsive and capable.” (June 3, 2004)
– Mark Bush worked with Luiz Antonio Almeida at GENESYS
“Being Genesys an Alcatel company, Luiz spent time with us (an Alcatel Division responsible for selling solutions to the Enterprise Market also via Resellers) arranging the way we should work, coordinating strategies and policies and coordinated account selling/prospecting. Genesys solutions can be sold in a multiplatform Hw while our solutions just on Alcatel hardware.” (April 18, 2004)
– Carlos Abramo worked with Luiz Antonio Almeida at GENESYS
May 2000 - Apr 2002
GENERAL MANAGER LATIN AMERICA
POSITION: GENERAL MANAGER LATIN AMERICA. Report to the President ( Paris,France ) - Responsible for stabilizing and managing the company�s regional office in Latin America, making the Company, after 12 months attain customers such as BRASIL TELECOM, TELEFONICA and TELEMAR, among others, totaling more than US$ 17 million in sales, in addition to countless prospects and consolidation of the RDSI product as market leader. - Carried out Marketing actions, including the presence in trade shows and fairs, and actions with the press and in associations such as ABINEE and Amcham. - Restructured and increased networks of representatives and of infra-structure installation personnel in the major country capitals.
3 people have endorsed Luiz Antonio Almeida at CS TELECOM:
“Luiz Antonio, é um profissional que sempre busca a superação dos seus próprios resultados, além de ser um team player.” (February 15, 2005)
– Decio Santos was with PLAUT working with Luiz Antonio Almeida at CS TELECOM
“I invite Luiz to replace me at CS. A very smart and driven executive. Highly recommended.” (August 16, 2004)
– Rodrigo Vilela was Luiz Antonio Almeida's client
“I know Luiz Antonio even before he joined CS Telecom. He is a very strong professional, active, aggressive but ethical and very reliable. He is very motivated and customer oriented. He has a good technical background and an impressive network.” (June 3, 2004)
– Sidnei Stifelmann was with 3COMwhen working with Luiz Antonio Almeida at CS TELECOM
Apr 1999 - May 2000
REGIONAL DIRECTOR BRAZIL
Report to the President for Latin America (US). - Responsible for developing the Contract Manufacturing concept in the Brazilian industrial Telecom market. - Expanded the customer base in Brazil, getting companies such as ERICSSON, MOTOROLA, SALCOMP, with an increase in annual revenues in US$ 32 million and establishing a direct relationship with all major players in the Brazilian Telecom market.
1 person has endorsed Luiz Antonio Almeida at FLEXTRONICS :
“Luiz is very experienced individual. We have worked on some key projects which had proven to be really successful for the company. Sales oriented, during his time he managed to bring several new key customers and helped expand the operation. In addition, he has a strong network and great knowledge base in telecom segment.” (July 14, 2005)
– Mauricio Quinze worked directly with Luiz Antonio Almeida at FLEXTRONICS INTERNATIONAL
May 1995 - Mar 1999
ALCATEL DATA NETWORKS
Report to President,established and managed the Business Unit, generating businesses of over US$ 1 million in the first year and above US$ 2 million in 1998. Increased the number of Alcatel product integrators, consolidating the brand and expanding its position in the market.
7 people have endorsed Luiz Antonio Almeida at ALCATEL DATA NETWORKS:
“Luiz Antonio worked at Alcatel Data Network when I was Operations Director at Proceda (1995-98). He was very successful in bringing network solutions for the upgrade of the services we provided to the Brazilian market. The solution he has conceived was very creative in technical and financial terms.” (June 3, 2004)
– Luciano Lampi was Luiz Antonio Almeida's client
“A much focused professional able to manage relationships and results at the highest levels. Luiz was fundamental in establishing Alcatel Data business in Brazil.” (October 4, 2005)
– Marcos Madureiraworked with Luiz Antonio Almeida at ALCATEL DATA NETWORKS
“A very good friend, smart and driven sales man. Highly recommended.” (July 14, 2005)
– Clerio Aguiar worked directly with Luiz Antonio Almeida at ALCATEL DATA NETWORKS
“I worked with Luiz at Alcatel and he is one of the best executives I ever worked. His commercial skills and leadership are very strong. I learned a lot with him.” (February 26, 2005)
– Fabio Luis Schmidt reported to Luiz Antonio Almeida at ALCATEL DATA NETWORKS
“Both Luiz Antonio and myself reported to the LATAM Sales VP of Alcatel Data Networks and joined the company on May 1995, I left the division in March 1998 to take another responsibility within Alcatel and Luiz Antonio continued to Manage Brazil until 1999.” (June 8, 2004)
– Carlos Abramo worked directly with Luiz Antonio Almeida at ALCATEL DATA NETWORKS