The last 11 years has seen me predominately work in-house software development for telecommunications companies. This has provided me with a sound understanding in the development and support of information systems within the telecommunications industry as well as knowledge of the telecommunications business. It has seen me fulfil multiple roles at any particular time, which has been characteristic of lean IT environments I have been involved with.
- 18 months mobile application development using the Android Java platform.
- 11 years IT development using Java and Java based technologies and frameworks, performing analysis and design, implementation and rollout,
- 7 years leading other developers in system and application development,
- 4 years portal development.
Considerable projects included:
- Porting an iPhone street navigation app to the Android platform,
- Leading solution designs, customisation and development of a CRM package for global division of a top tier telecommunications company,
- Development of a customer portal for the global division of a top tier telecommunications company,
- Assisting in System and network integration/migration between two large telecommunications companies,
- Assisting in the design and implementation of a network facilities and equipment database for a large telecommunications company.