Jan 2014 - Present
La Baja Concrete
- Check formwork, granular base and steel reinforcement materials and direct placement of concrete into forms or onto surfaces according to grade.
- Fill hollows and remove high spots to smooth freshly poured concrete.
- Operate power vibrator to compact concrete.
- Level top surface of concrete according to grade and depth specifications using straightedge or float.
- Impart desired finish to concrete surfaces using hand and power tools.
- Install anchor bolts, steel plates, door sills and other fixtures in freshly poured concrete.
- Apply hardening and sealing compounds to cure surface of concrete.
- Waterproof, damp proof and restore concrete surfaces.
- Repair, resurface and replace worn or damaged sections of floors, walls, roads and other concrete surfaces.
Apr 2011 - Apr 2013
Food Counter Attendant, Baker, Trainer
- Take customers' orders.
- Assemble and prepare food and food orders.
- Portion and wrap food or place it directly on plates for service to patrons, and package take-out food.
- Serve customers at counters or drivethru windows.
- Stock refrigerators and keep records of the quantities of food used.
- Receive payment for food items purchased.
- General housekeeping duties.
Jan 2009 - Nov 2012
JKM, Clean Services
- Selects and assigns staff, ensuring equal employment opportunity in hiring and promotion.
- Coordinates activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of subordinate employees.
- Evaluates and verifies employee performance through the review of completed work assignments and work techniques.
- Identifies staff development and training needs and ensures that training is obtained.
- Ensures proper labor relations and conditions of employment are maintained.
- Maintains records, prepares reports, and composes correspondence relative to the work.
- Makes rounds to check for crew coverage of designated work areas, assigns needed coverage, gives special cleaning instructions and/or assignments, and ascertains compliance with directives.
- Conducts inspections and investigates tenant complaints of the building to check for cleanliness, and advises subordinates of found conditions and methods of correction.
- Determines materials, supplies, and equipment needs; requisitions cleaning supplies and materials.
- Inspects equipment for cleanliness and repair and personally makes minor repairs.
- Trains subordinate supervisors in job skills, proper cleaning methods, and use of equipment, safety practices, fire fighting and prevention, and in work regulations.
- Administers regulations governing the use of office facilities in off-work hours.
- Performs related work as assigned.
Oct 2008 - Jan 2011
Food Counter Attendant, Swing Manager
- Take customers’ orders.
- Clean, unwrap, slice and trim foodstuffs by means of manual and electric appliances.
- Prepare food for instance sandwiches, hamburgers, salads, milkshakes and ice cream dishes.
- Ensure tables are correctly set, side stations are tidy, and side work is appropriately completed.
- Reset tables with flatware and napkins.
- Assist with early guest complaints and notify manager on duty immediately.
- Provide timely, pleasant, and polite food and beverage service to guests.
- Thank guests for dining at the eating place.
- Maintain sanitation of the restaurant including floors, tables, ledges, and counters.
- Maintain awareness with menu items and specials.