Seeking opportunities in manufacturing operations: GM, VP, Plant Manager, Materials Manager.
Business Planning • ERP • Lean • Profit and Loss • IT Management • Supply Chain
Project Management • Technology Implementations • Continuous Improvement
ISO 9000 • Team Building • Accounting Systems • Employee Relations
Business owner, manager and consultant with a proven track record of maximizing resources, streamlining production and costs while increasing ROI. Cross industry functional expertise includes: aerospace & defense, pulp & paper, electronics, consumer goods and medical supplies. Extensive experience in discrete, repetitive and process manufacturing environments.
Project manager and senior consultant with a proven track record of ERP implementations: project planning, conference room pilots, customizations, testing, data migration and user training. Participated in over 30 ERP implementations, in discreet, repetitive and process environments, across 11 industry segments and 5 countries. Directed multiple location IT departments and projects in the US and UK. Strong technical and interpersonal skills.
My education includes: BS in Information Systems Management, State University College of New York at Buffalo; Civil Technology, Erie Community College; Lean Professional, UB Center for Industrial Effectiveness; Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), APICS and Wyoming County Leadership Program
- Purchase of Mille Fabricators - assembled a team of professionals, conducted the search, prepared a business plan and secured the financing for the purchase.
- Through better utilization of internet technologies, added 43 new customers and increased sales of the digital imaging product line by 130% and wood fabrication by 65%.
- Led a $105,000 capital project to procure a CNC panel saw and dust collection system.
- Using lean methodologies, reduced inventory by 23%
- Directed a successful $1,500,000 software development project to modify the MANMAN system for use in multiple mill locations.
- Starting with a staff of 13 grew an IT department to 31 employees. Implemented department administrative and project development systems.
- Led a successful “Proof of Concept” project to demonstrate the use of pervasive technology methods using hand held devices to enter maintenance work orders and perform remote stock status inquirers of repair parts
- Successful conversion of an outdated version of MAX and Great Plains to QuickBooks 10.0 Enterprise.
Jan 2010 - Present
Chapter Three Consulting
Provide leadership and subject matter expertise in the implementation of ERP, manufacturing systems, accounting systems and continuous improvement projects.
May 2005 - Dec 2009
VP / General Manager
Directed the overall operations of the business. Prepared and maintained business plans needed to secure financing. Managed the complete supply chain including customer relationships from request for quote through product delivery, materials management functions and established, negotiated and maintained supplier relationships. Specified and procured capital equipment.
Jan 2003 - Apr 2005
Led the successful development and implementation of a job quoting and order tracking system for a custom manufacturer of models and prototypes.Investigated and actively pursued the purchase of a small manufacturing business.Analyzed business financials, performed market research and prepared business plans for six businesses.
Jun 1998 - Dec 2002
IBM Global Services
Projects included ERP/Supply Chain (Baan and Oracle) and Enterprise Asset Management (Indus) implementations in various manufacturing environments. Responsibilities included project planning and scoping, training, package configuration, data migration, enhancement development and post implementation support.