I am a hard worker who will not stop until a job is done. I excel at perceiving a situation and coming up with a simple and effective solution. I have experience interacting with other cultures through international travel. I speak clearly and confidently in front of a large audience and communicate large amounts of information quickly and effectively. I utilize the skills of people around me to complete a task and can motivate other people to achieve a goal.
Apr 2009 - Present
As a Red Cross certified lifeguard, I am also certified to give CPR. Over the course of my job as a lifeguard, I have learned how to enforce safety rules and regulations with a large crowd, to protect a crowd from safety hazards and unruly behavior, and how to spot, rescue, and resuscitate a drowning swimmer. There have been no accidents while I have been on duty as a lifeguard. Being a lifeguard has taught me how to handle responsibility, to be observant and watchful at all times during my shifts, and to enforce pool regulations for the safety of the public.
Apr 2009 - Present
I teach children ages 2-12 basic survival swimming, advanced swimming technique, and the four competitive swimming strokes. I begin instruction by teaching children how not to be afraid of the water, then I progress to floating, kicking, and finally how to add arm strokes. Giving swimming instruction has taught me how to work well with children, how to teach a child to overcome fear of the water, how to instruct a completely new skill to an individual, and how to motivate someone to learn a skill that could save his life.
Jan 2010 - Present
Jones County Junior College/Dual Enrolled
I have been dual enrolled at Jones County Junior College since January 2010, the second semester of my sophomore year in high school. I have completed English Composition I and College Algebra with a 4.0 GPA. I am currently dual-enrolled in Chemistry I, English Composition II, and Trigonometry and am completing additional required high school courses.
Aug 1998 - Present
I have been home educated since the age of 4. Milestones of my home education are the following:
- Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth -- State Award for Math and English (2008)
- Society of Professional Engineers' Math Counts Competition -- First Place, Regional Competition, University of Southern Mississippi, (2008)
- Duke University Talent Identification Program (TIP) -- State Award (2007)
- Library of Congress, Letters about Literature -- First Place, State Award (2008)
- Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) History Essay -- First Place, State Award (2007)
- Regional Debate Qualifier, National Christian Forensic and Communication Association (2009)