- RFP & Bid Management
- Project & Program Leadership
- Strategic Partnerships
- New Business Development
- Cost Analysis & Pricing Strategy
- Due Diligence
- Sales & Marketing Campaigns
- Proposal Presentations
- Public Relations
- Strategic Planning & Implementation
- Senior Staff Communications
- Conceptual Design & Budgeting
Experienced leader with over 15 years experience construction project management and building industry expertise.Strong Leader, skilled communication, attention to detail and problem solver.Successfully directed all phases of design, construction, and completion.Established presence in new markets.Expedited permit and franchise review by establishing pre-set dates and monitoring the process.Developed and negotiated win/win contracts with milestone incentives.
Real Estate Council of Austin, AGC, ABC, Downtown Austin Alliance, Oklahoma State Alumni, Construction Owner's Association of America
Jun 2004 - Sep 2008
Owner's Representative of New Projects
White Lodging Services
- Managed RFP and bid process for all design and construction.Awarded contracts and assembled project teams.Created a cohesive unit through planning and collaboration.Results: Minimized conflict between design and construction through communication.
- Awarded and monitored design contracts and design development.Distributed drawing documents to all necessary parties.Conducted review and provided written critique.Results: Projects completedwith minimal design changes.
- Negotiated Construction Contract based on complete and accurate permit documents.Developed project incentives and performance milestones.Reviewed and provided approval for project costs.Results: Delivered projects on time and under budget.
- Enlisted and negotiated with a competitor to review final Document Drawings and Cost Proposals for coordination and completion on a joint build venture.Developed detailed reporthighlightingrisks and cost savings.Results:Established new procedure for future joint ventures with competitors.
- Performed routine cost analysis of projects to identify potential savings.Implementedcost saving methodslocal supplier to provide on hand materials.Results:Revised decorative lighting package from $180,000 to $75,000.
- Developed a core team of service providers in Texas and Phoenix.Assembled budgets for prototype projects.Results: Expedited owner’s ability to make decisions on development deals.
- Revised completion date resulting in loss of 60 days time to completion.Exchanged additional labor costs for hotel costs with out of state contractor.Negotiated rooms with company operated hotel.Results: Met accelerated schedule and opened 45 days early.
Sep 2006 - Jul 2008
- Upgraded company experience levels in order to qualify to expand into additional markets.Evaluated the company’s strengths and used this information to identify which markets had the most potential.Results: Represented the company in interviews and meetings with clients and successfully entered 3 new market.
- Uncovered significant budget issues while reviewing the updated project design.Compared designs and compiled analysis.Converted project to design build to ensure costs met Owner’s requiremsnts.Results: Delivered project that met Owner’s needs and reduced costs by 35%.
- Collaborated with design team and Austin Energy to establish necessary elements required to obtain Green Building with an existing HVAC system.Assisted in the research and development.Monitored installation of updated systems and coordinated with Austin Energy for approvals.Results:Green certification by Austin Energy, increased company market presence in emerging green market space.
Jan 1999 - Jun 2004
Constructors & Associates
- Developed business goals for upcoming fiscal year and presented to Corporate Executives for review.Initiated business plan for Austin office.Succeeded in growing revenue and reducing costs.Results: Promoted to director of Austin, Texas Office.
- Administered successful completion of largest project in local office history.Integrated highly experienced employees as group leaders to market new, smaller projects in order to offset effects of poor economy.Results: Succeeded in building stronger staff and obtaining new work.
- Spearheaded the creation of Preconstruction Manager position and personnel in response to requests from construction site managers and clients.Combined two existing positions into one.Results: Reduced company overhead and enabled better service to clients.
- Collaborated with corporate team to establish company standards.Organized and introduced Austin area to new standards.Results: Evaluated employee performance based on standards.
May 1996 - Jan 1999
Opus South Corporation
- Manager and point of contact representative for the establishment of the Austin Office.Participated in local organizations and committees.Results: Developed local contacts and relationships which reduced costs and improved project.
- Developed procedures for permitting new projects.Managed correspondence between design and city reviewers.