To secure a position that will enable me to use my strong organizational skills, educational background, military experience, and ability to work well with people.
Accomplished, results-oriented U.S. Army Sergeant with over 5 years of progressively higher leadership and management experience ready to transfer versatile knowledge and skills to a career in the lodging industry. Proven success in human resources, staff management, and operations management. Decorated combat veteran with the discipline, leadership abilities, and attitude to lead any team to success.
While my main focus in life is my family and profession, I am also interested in playing Ice Hockey, Sky Diving, and Snowboarding.
May 2009 - Present
- Responsible for the installation and/or repair of residential construction projects.
- Worked with General Contractor and Home Owners to estimate projects and develop proposals.
Oct 2007 - May 2009
- Train and manage staff of five and monitor their performance and progress.
- Provide excellent customer service with regards to shipping and handling issues.
- Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure set productivity targets were met.
Jul 2001 - Sep 2007
- Team leader, responsible for the training & welfare of six soldiers.
- Deployed to Iraq for Operation Iraqi Freedom for all of 2003.
- Attained the rank of Sergeant/E-5 in three years of active duty.
Jan 2000 - Feb 2001
- Handled vault, safe-deposit, ATM, teller drawer and night-drop activities.
- Trained new tellers on banking system.
- Responsible for tracking over $25,000 in cash drawer.