Search Marketing Analyst/ Sales & Marketing Manager
News-Record/ skirt! magazine Greensboro, Greensboro, North Carolina • 8/2007- 12/2010Landmark Communications -owned newspaperSearch Marketing Analyst, 8/2007 - 1/2008Consulting, optimizing multiple portals, landing pages and crafting presentations. As the News-Record's Interactive Search Marketing Analyst, I was responsible for presenting clearly in reports and presentations advertisers ROI and all News-Record web portals statistics using Google analytics, Hitwise and Omniture to name a few.
- Researching internet trends and competitive websites, supporting sales and maximizing revenue opportunities.
- Communicated with various departments well researched tactics for website portal optimization including Triad Cars, Triad Homes, Triad Careers, Go Triad and News-Record.
- Researched current internet trends and competitive websites providing extensive knowledge of online media.
- Acclimatized at recognizing and increasing tactical marketing joint ventures and acted as interface between the online marketing and the management personnel for implementing SEO strategies.
- Adept market researcher in content and keyword development that resulted in top organic placement on Google with various keyword phrases.
- Responsible for the effective use of the qualitative and quantitative media research used to support online advertising sales staff.
skirt! Sales & Marketing Manager, 1/2008 - 12/2010Franchise, award-winning print publication for women owned by Morris Communications, Greensboro franchise bought by News-Record
- Oversaw daily every aspect of advertising, billing, multi-market sales, ordering of ads, graphic design, internet marketing, marketing, sponsorships, corporate branding and customer relations, sales, monthly budgets, and public relations.
- Upheld skirt! brand and franchise legalities.
- Maintained outstanding customer relations with readers and approximately forty advertisers monthly.
- Wrote and implemented all negotiations for sponsorships and ties to community events. Spoke at engagements, promoted skirt! at sponsored events.
- Increased social media awareness on average 22% each month. Increased distribution 150% in a year by handling all marketing initiatives.
- Maintained a deep knowledge of current market and advance strategies in general in reaching women.
- Multi-tasked effectively while meeting monthly advertising deadlines.
- Supervised approximately twelve support sales staff and two freelance account executives.
- Organized community events, signing new sponsors and negotiating contracts, marketing, public relations, sales and branding for an award-winning niche publication.
- In less than seventeen months, because I recognize opportunities, I helped double circulation distribution points and reach an 87% pick-up rate each month for the magazine.
Increased brand and distribution points by 150% in less than a year. Through effective strategy and creative synergies increased social media fan base by 22% each month and newsletter subscriber base by 30% each month. Oversaw all graphic design, marketing, branding, public relations, community sponsorships, sales and digital marketing for skirt! Magazine Greensboro, a franchise publication licensed by News-Record.
Expanded on colleague's idea and created signature expo / local charitable event, gaining market awareness. Conceptualized and implemented "Pretty in Pink" event for annual skirt! client. Aligned client, magazine and local sponsors to raise money for local nonprofit. Composed marketing plan, sought location, brought in sponsors and donations for silent auction. Increased donations +13% from previous year for breast cancer while earning News-Record's prestigious annual "Bonsai Award" for increased revenue and branding.