Nicole G. Murn
- High Point US-NC
- (336) 430-0036
- [email protected]
• Developed and implemented strategy to evaluate digital sales needs, develop comprehensive solutions, and create innovative digital revenue drivers to enhance ROI for the organization.
• Owned all local digital revenue performance (except for classifieds), working both strategically and tactically with other advertising executives and sales managers to build and maintain a digital sales list and ensure revenue success.
• Directed the sales force to promote new digital sales by assessing and facilitating the use of best practices in solutions-based selling, and up-sell of existing key account advertisers, while driving retention and minimizing product cannibalization.
• Drove remnant strategy through direct sales channels, Ad exchanges, Ad Networks, and relevant vendors to ensure inventory was sold at the highest rate.
• In less than four months, was a crucial player bringing in over $140K in new digital revenue.
• Managed and coached a team of 12 advertising executives with four direct reports and trained on all digital products.
• Drove multi-channel digital resources to increase customer acquisition and channel performance.
• Originated and implemented new online revenue ideas and marketing collateral and assets.
• Negotiated digital contracts $60K+
• Defined and developed best practices, standards, metrics, and performance reports of digital marketing campaigns.
• Actively sought new opportunities to provide clients with digital solutions across targeted segments with a focus on maximizing client market penetration through data analysis, market review, and management of partner network.
• Developed new business opportunities while identifying client ad sales opportunities. Identified customer needs through pre-call planning, utilization of marketing resources, competitive analysis, and customer feedback, in order to connect meaningful media solutions across clients’ digital portfolio.
• Increased clients’ digital revenue with new clients across targeted local business territory.
• Optimized client’s online presence through SEO, SEM, Mobile Websites, and other digital marketing strategies.
• Managed, mentored, and professionally developed a team of nine direct reports.
• Leveraged extensive understanding of account base and related industries to help identify trends and patterns within specific verticals.
• VIP at Google Headquarters in New York ranked #2 Nationally in Digital Sales for all of Hearst Media Services (2013) - Earning Hearst & Google Tour in NYC.
Ripple Effects Marketing Inc. takes small to medium sized businesses to the next level. As the founder of Ripple Effects Marketing Inc., our competitive edge is being able to think of the BIG picture and understand all aspects of how people see, view, judge, interpret and especially feel about our clients' businesses.Our specialty is advertising, building websites and providing written website content to enhance brand with search engine optimization. We save businesses valuable time and money by locating, researching, and negotiating rates on exceptional media - media that will reach its intended audience and maximize their budgets. Ripple Effects Marketing is their media-buying arm and website content with search engine optimization writing specialists.
I handle content management and SEO for many Ripple Effects Marketing clients and instill best practices on their websites like analyzing user generated descriptions, alt tags, titles and categorization, anchored back links, inbound links and internal page links to keep user on their site longer, meta tags and keyword descriptions and rewrite their unique marketing message with enough keywords for better optimization.
Achieved in a short time media coverage on "Quest For Hope" Kindle donations to schools and increased internet traffic for Marsh Kitchens writing an effective and optimized press release of their endorsement from Paula Deen. Due to Dynamic Quest's huge growth of 33% each year, and my versatile background in public relations and sales, I then crossed over into their newly created Relationship Manager role.
As Relationship Manager I handled the customer relations for influx of new key clients like Samet Corp., Marsh Kitchens, Abco, and GST. Maintained public relations internally as well as externally in working with all departments on client needs. Project management and liaison between the client, DQ management staff and technicians. Phoned previous clients making inquiries and providing key information on new services offered. Tenaciously helped put out IT fires for all key clients.
~ The Relationship Manager role was dissolved and I was laid off on Feb. 29, 2012. Due to their huge growth, their business model reflected hiring project managers with IT experience and certifications. ~
News-Record/ skirt! magazine Greensboro, Greensboro, North Carolina • 8/2007- 12/2010Landmark Communications -owned newspaperSearch Marketing Analyst, 8/2007 - 1/2008Consulting, optimizing multiple portals, landing pages and crafting presentations. As the News-Record's Interactive Search Marketing Analyst, I was responsible for presenting clearly in reports and presentations advertisers ROI and all News-Record web portals statistics using Google analytics, Hitwise and Omniture to name a few.
skirt! Sales & Marketing Manager, 1/2008 - 12/2010Franchise, award-winning print publication for women owned by Morris Communications, Greensboro franchise bought by News-Record
Increased brand and distribution points by 150% in less than a year. Through effective strategy and creative synergies increased social media fan base by 22% each month and newsletter subscriber base by 30% each month. Oversaw all graphic design, marketing, branding, public relations, community sponsorships, sales and digital marketing for skirt! Magazine Greensboro, a franchise publication licensed by News-Record.
Expanded on colleague's idea and created signature expo / local charitable event, gaining market awareness. Conceptualized and implemented "Pretty in Pink" event for annual skirt! client. Aligned client, magazine and local sponsors to raise money for local nonprofit. Composed marketing plan, sought location, brought in sponsors and donations for silent auction. Increased donations +13% from previous year for breast cancer while earning News-Record's prestigious annual "Bonsai Award" for increased revenue and branding.
When I joined the Delaware sales team the sales territory was floundering and new business was not plentiful. I rebuilt the sales territory through renewed relationships with cold/old accounts.
President - Theta Alpha Phi, Dramatic Honorary Fraternity
Secretary- Phi Theta Kappa, Honorary Fraternity