Serving as the onsite contract transportation analyst at Qwest Communications International, Inc. responsible for providing analysis, reporting, strategic and operational support of related transportation functions. In this capacity I have identified over $500,000 in savings by optimizing their entire scheduled delivery routes and/or delivery stops within the Qwest transportation network based off of actual delivery volume versus current route capacity. Additionally, I discovered an estimated $400,000 in annual transportation savings by suggesting the sourcing of a marketing material vendor closer to the 14 state region which would improve delivery service by 37%, and has the potential to reduce claims exposure by 25% due to reduction of handling of orders. In addition to performing various transportation related statistical analysis, my responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Created and maintained monthly and quarterly metrics and modal metrics.
- Assisted the Carrier Manager in rate analysis for contract negotiations.
- Research of transportation industry trends, legislation and best practices.
- Volume and spend analysis.
- Managed the weekly transportation dashboard
- Created various transportation related reports and trends as defined by Qwest management.