I was put in charge of supervising lower-level managers. These lower-level managers were in turn in charge of several smaller divisions. These divisions included; sales, marketing, accounts, procurement, workshop management, and human resources. This duty was to give specific direction for each department head. As part of this supervision, additional roles included hiring, training, coaching and disciplining lower-level managers. I was also involved with setting incentives for workers, appraising the efficiency of departments and creating strategic plans for the business based on company goals.
The direct report whilst in this position was to the managing director and later the board of directors. My duties included attaining goals and stratagies of the company. Additionally I was responsible for budgeting resources toward marketing, supplies, equipment and hiring.
- Increases management's effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counselling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions; providing educational opportunities.
- Developing strategic plans by studying technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives.
- Accomplishes subsidiary objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
- Coordinates efforts by establishing procurement, production, marketing, field, and technical services policies and practices; coordinating actions with corporate staff.
- Builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed