TRANSLATOR –ENGLISH, SPANISH, PORTUGUESE
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Marketing · Localization · International Marketing · Market Research
Finance · Web Translation ·Cross- Cultural Communication
Freelance Translator 2009-Present
Translator for TEDMedia (2013)
INTERAMERICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK
- SP> EN Translated a 15,588 word document outlining the Bank's guidelines and procedures directed at consultants wishing to give their consulting services for projects in Latin America.
SAFETYNET BY LOJACK
- EN> SPTranslated marketing material and presentations for the company's new medical device product.
- SP> ENTranslated video clip of company's interview originally aired on Spanish television for the Hispanic market.
- EN> PTTranslated marketing brochures into Portuguese introducing their product to a new segment of the Latino market.
SPECIAL PROJECT- NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER- Miami, Florida
- EN> SP Translated website from English to Spanish directed mainly to the new projects initiated by the National Hurricane Center. Provided language/linguistic skills to convert highly technical product descriptions from English to Spanish with translations that are accurate and reflect the style and manner of expression of native Spanish-speaker.
Software: SDL TRADOS 2009, Web Editor Komposer
Business English Teaching and Translations
Freelance Translator 2007-2009
Translated for and worked with major client Direct TV Latino translating their monthly magazine of movie reviews, show time and sport events schedules
Marketing, Advertising and Market Research
- ·SP> EN Translated and localized creative copy to retain the essence of the intended message. Copies like surveys, articles for specific trade industries, direct mail pieces, and video/commercial scripts.
Education and Professional Training
Florida International University- Miami, Florida
Academic Certificate in Translation and Interpretation Studies
Bachelor of Arts in International Relations
Member- Association of Translators and Interpreters of Florida (ATIF) –An ATA Chapter