- Create and enhance metadata records for digital projects using CONTENTdm and an in-house manuscript database, following Dublin Core metadata schema. Rare serials and books, and manuscript collections are the resources selected for digitization.
- Conduct research as part of metadata creation process and incorporate controlled vocabularies such as LCSH (Library of Congress Subject Headings), TGM (Thesaurus of Graphic Materials), and AAT (Art and Architecture Thesaurus) for proper records standardization and discoverability.
- Serve as liaison between the Cuban Heritage Collection and the library’s digital lab by coordinating and managing digitization activities and establishing scanning and metadata queues through Kablink project management system, and handling of resources through Aeon Circulation Management System.
- Track and send books in need of preservation treatment, to the library's preservation unit.
- Supervise one metadata student assistant.
- Assist patrons with research, reference and requests inquiries.