Solid Waste Program Manager
St. Regis Mohawk Tribe
Manage and implement a comprehensive, integrated solid waste management program that promotes source reduction/reuse and recycling followed by disposal, and minimizes improper disposal methods. Supervise staff. Responsible for fund raising and grant writing; have raised 1.6 million dollars for program. Prepare annual plans and budgets and manage them. Negotiate contracts and manage them to completion. Serve as a volunteer on the Tribe's Emergency Response Team. Executing the Tribe's telecommuting pilot project by working from an alternate work site location since August 2008.
- Developed and implemented a comprehensive program that is built upon 5 program components (solid waste regulations, 4 R's, solid waste community service agency, and sustainability).
- Grew recycling program by adding the first waste lamp recycling program in Indian Country and Northern New York.
- Designed a 10 ton per day transfer station and manage all operations of the facility.
- Earned recognition in Indian Country and Environmental Protection Agency as one of the most advance solid waste programs in the country.
- Researched and implemented new technologies that are either more cost effective or more environmentally friendly than current technologies being used.
- Authored and published several articles, training manuals, and handbooks that are distributed throughout the country.
- Sought after speaker for conferences and trainings.
- Managed grants according to the Government Performance Results Act (GPRA).