Innovative and customer focused Human Resources and Shared Services supervisor with 11 years of experience in HR Service Center & process design.Have experience in a number of industries, including banking, manufacturing, insurance and telecommunications.Recognized as an industry expert and often provide tours of current Service Center to other companies, speak at various forums, and act as a networking point of contact for other companies looking to start or improve their HR Service Center.
Jan 2008 - Present
Human Resources, Total Rewards, Supervisor of Business Analysis & Employee Help Line
Sprint Nextel Corp.
- Manage Sprint's Employee Help Line Operations Support Team and HR Analytics team
- Lead a team of 10 employees, consisting of two Contact Center Leads, three Tier 2 Specialists, two Program Managers, two Reporting Analysts and one Knowledge & Workforce Management Specialist
- Currently participating and providing staff to support Sprint's project to upgrade to PeopleSoft 9.1
- Support a number of HR Total Rewards processes in addition to Employee Help Line activities, including Peoplesoft transactions, Dependent Audit, PTO & time corrections and etc...
- Developed a team that other HR Business Partners look to for advice on process design and improvements
- In 2010 designed an end to end process to audit all new dependents added to employee's benefit coverage, automated to the point where no new staff was required to run the process
- Develop and manage processes that save the company real dollars. Saved Sprint over $100,000 in potentially lost benefit premiums in 2010
Jan 2005 - Jan 2008
Human Resources, Employee Services, System Analyst II
Sprint Nextel Corp.
- Primary designer of HR Service Center function when Sprint & Nextel merged companies and HR Service Centers
- Manage a staff of three work force management & reporting analysts supporting an 80 person Human Resources Service Center supporting Payroll, Benefits, Travel & Expense, Performance Management, and Training & Development
- Provide technical and operational analysis, solutions and advice to Employee Help Line management team regarding all aspects of contact center management
- Manage all metrics reporting, produce presentations for all levels of Sprint management
- Designed and implemented a reporting process that provides a self-service delivery method for any departmental reports.This process and system improvement resulted in saving 5 hours of work per day on reporting
- Manage the design and implementation of all projects related to the contact center’s technical infrastructure and performance, including IVR/Call Tree design, Ticket Management Tools, Workforce Management and Quality Assurance Systems
Nov 2003 - Jan 2005
Shared Services Project Manager II
- Managed programs, projects and process improvement initiatives for a 140 person Shared Services Department that included Payroll, Accounts Payable, Human Resources, and an Employee Services call center
- Revamped Nextel's Employee Help Line and dramatically improved it from being considered a very poor call center to a successful one
- Created functional requirement documents, business cases, and process analysis documents for all functions in Shared Services
- Provided consulting services to internal customers to include research on best practices, new technologies, process mapping and process improvement initiatives
- Acted as liaison between functional departments and IT functions for projects and technology issues
Jul 2000 - Oct 2003
Human Resources, HR Shared Services, Process Analyst
- Responsible for developing and implementing processes to maximize efficiencies and foster collaboration between the HR Service Center and other HR Operations departments
- Member of cross functional project to develop HR Score Card for Philip Morris’s Executive Team, contributed technical expertise on gathering data and report design
- Liaison between HR Service Center and Information Services to help manage projects and facilitate communications regarding technology issues and solutions
- Develop Crystal Reports, ad-hoc SAP queries and Access databases and other technology solutions to aide in fulfilling reporting requests and process analysis, improvement & design initiatives
- Managed & designed all technical functions of service center, including IVR/Call Tree design, Case Management Tool, and various technical systems used to improve performance
Jun 1999 - Jul 2000
Call Center Workforce Management Analyst
- Responsible for all call center issues for a 125 agent inbound call center
- Consulted management on how to maximize call center efficiency through proper call center design
- Used various desktop systems such as TOTALVIEW (IEX), Lucent’s CentreVu, Microsoft Access and Excel to collect, maintain, and analyze telephone, scheduling, staffing, and workload data
- Provided all levels of management with reporting regarding call center performance
May 1998 - May 1999
- Provided financial reporting to all levels of management for Citibank's Business and Professional Loan Division
- Collaborated with line of business managers to interpret their information needs through consultative discussions.
- Created reports and provided analysis to meet the customers needs based on their business requirements
Bachelor of Arts
University of Texas at San Antonio
Service Center & Process Design
Have been working in the HR Services function for over 10 years and have designed or dramatically improved four HR Service Centers during that time.
PeopleSoft HCM 8.8
Currently participating in a project to upgrade Sprint to PeopleSoft HCM 9.1.
Crystal Reports Designer
I have been developing Crystal Reports for just over ten years and across multiple types of businesses. Developing this skill has truly been one of the keys to my success in my career so far.