Performed network consulting and management services to various companies throughout the continental United States.Each consulting position required different roles.
State Farm Insurance CompanyBloomington, Illinois
Network Operations Manager
Led a team of network management engineers to monitor and troubleshoot issues on the State Farm network.
- Provided operations and maintenance of a network management platform (HP Openview) for managing a highly redundant 18,000 + Cisco router network.
- Provided cost benefit analysis of various hardware and software requirements to meet client needs.
- Trained personnel on operations in a call center setting from entering initial problem information into trouble ticketing program to escalation to second and third level resolution team.
- Performed 24 x 7 on call service for network management issues.
Triton PCSRichmond, Virginia
Project Manager/Network management consultant
Managed the installation and implementation of Cisco 7200s and Cisco 1600s in multiple Triton PCS offices throughout southern Virginia and North Carolina.
- Recommended software and hardware based on client's requirements. Managed key relationships with vendors to get hardware and software specifics that meet future client expansion needs.
- Trained Triton PCS staff on hardware and network management software.
- Won Outstanding Client Satisfaction Award for successful deliverables to client.
Primus Telecommunications McLean, Virginia
Senior network management engineer
Led a team to build a Network Operations Center for enterprise management. Installed and implemented Solaris, NavisCore, Provisioning Server, Fault Server, Statistics Server (NavisXtend Suite) and CiscoWorks 2000. These products allow enterprise management of GX550 switches, PSAX Access concentrators and Cisco routers and key statistics gathering of vital data output.
·Provided knowledge transfer to key employees.
·Won Outstanding Client Engagement Book award for documentation presentedto client
Manager, Network ImplementationReston, Virginia
Managed the migration of Sprint’s customers from HP Openview to the Cabletron Spectrum network management system successfully within the specified time frame.
- Responsibilities include scheduling a timeline for database migration without customer disruption, upgrading the operating systems and network management systems of Sprint's servers.