Sr. Manager- Sales & Marketing
PRABHAT DAIRY LTD
Sales (Reporting to Business Head)
1) Currently responsible for the Trade Sales division which is generating revenues of $ 169mn -$ 170 mn per annum.
2) Accountable for Consumer Business for the North India & South India markets of Jammu & Kashmir, Chandigarh, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab & Haryana, Bangalore, Tamilnadu, Chennai, Coimbatore for Cow Ghee, Paneer, Cheese, flavored milk, Dairy whitener, Skimmed Milk Powder and UHT Milk.
3) Accountable for the Dairy Ingredients business, managing Corporate Customers like Perfetti, Wrigley’s, Parle, Unibic, Haldiram, Inbisco, Vadilal, Yakult and many more.
4) Handled products like Dairy Whitener, Skimmed Milk Powder, Sweetened condensed milk UHT Milk, Flavoured Milk, Concentrated Milk, Std Milk, Skim Milk Concentrate, Paneer, Mozzarella Cheese, Processed Cheese, Cheddar Cheese and Whole Milk powder
5) Driving the key dairy ingredients like SCM (Sweetened Condensed Milk), SMP (Skimmed Milk Powder) & Whole Milk Powder in the various segments like Bakery, Confectionery, Biscuits, Sweets, Ice Cream & Premix.
Marketing / Promotions
1) Develop suitable brand strategies, communication and selection of media strategies to ensure increase in brand recall & enhance brand image thereby resulting in increase of product visibility across all selected target markets.
2) Direct all BTL initiatives for Consumer business vertical to improve Prabhat’s Market presence for various consumer products & drive consumer acquisition.
3) Managed various exhibitions B2B & B2C, trade fairs & events, to name few like Annapoorna Food world, Hotel Ex Exhibition, Bakery Trade Show, Pune Expo, Kissan, Anuga Food Tech – Germany, Aahar, Fine Food, IICE, Gulf Food Dubai etc. from inception to execution. Playing key role in concept development, theme management and content development.
4) Created various marketing collaterals (product catalogues, service catalogues, E-brochures, content for websites, BOP – back of the pack matter for packaging, newsletters, flyers etc for B2B, B2C & Commodity Business verticals by Liasioning with various agencies & freelancers.
New Product Development
1) Work close with various vendors for new product packaging developments in coordination with 3rd Party Consultants, Purchase, R&D, Quality and Sales Dept.
2) Plan for new product mixes based on existing product lines.
3) Plan and implement new product launch and brand extension as agreed based on market study.
4) Develop annual brand plans inclusive of brand budgets for media & consumer promotion (ATL & BTL).
5) Develop new vendors for Co-packing and joint ventures for new product ranges as per business plan. Indian Sweets range was sourced and finalized from Rathi Food International, Nagpur.
Market Expansion / Channel Management
1) Created appropriate distribution channels to ensure smooth movements of products.
2) Categorized distribution channels as per product mix to ensure that revenues and gross profit targets are accomplished as planned.
3) Managing quarterly / yearly channel partners annual conferences.
4) Managing relationships with Traders communities
Coordination / Operations
1) Collaborating daily very close with Production, Procurement and Purchase to ensure implementation and achievement of business objectives as per plan specified by Top Management.
2) Adhering to project timelines and budgets, ascertaining methods and providing critical suggestions on strategies to enrich and achieve business goals set.
3) Evaluating overall results of plans in terms of turnover, profit & share of marketing value & volumes each by Business Segment, Customer Segment & Product Category to retain & sustain revenue gains planned.
4) Managing Competitive pricing strategies to achieve planned levels of profitability.
5) Generating periodic market reviews, analyzing team performance, target achievements & budgetary adherence for recommending corrective actions if any.
2010 – As Executive (MRP & MIS)
Reporting to CEO / MD
1) Accountable for Analytical Reports, Number crunching & MIS related to Sales, Statistics, Trends, Gross Margins & Corporate Profitability each business vertical wise.
2) Responsible for Business performance MIS of each business verticals covering product category & Market Segment wise.
3) Coordinating with all the Service & Functional Department in house to keep the flow of entire MIS in motion.
2008 – As Marketing Coordinator
Reporting to CEO / MD
1) Arranging Weekly / Monthly Coordination Meetings between Production, Procurement, Finance, Maintenance, Project, Sales, Dispatch, Quality, R&D & Stores to ensure that activities planned out as per business plan.
2) Maintaining liaison with Direct Channel Partners (CSA/SS/Distributors/Retailers) & indirect channels.
3) Maintaining liaison with various Government and Corporate agencies for Tenders execution and finalization.
4) Coordinating for various complaints of channel partners, service issues and customer complaints etc with various dept. across the company.
5) Coordinating and handling various enquiries of Private Labelers for TPO (Third Party Operations).
2005- Sales Coordinator
Reporting to Sales Head
1) Collecting & mailing daily reports of Primary Sales, Total Calls, Market Working, Dispatches & New calls.
2) Coordinating with all Sales team and providing them full extensive administrative support.