Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP
Led compliance work and investigations for Fortune 500 clients. Counseled clients on compliance structures, policies, and processes; risk assessments and gap analyses; training & on-boarding; hotline management/triaging; auditing, monitoring, remediation, and mitigation; internal controls; and third-party compliance/due diligence. Led professionals across experience levels and offices. Among other accomplishments:
• Generated over $3 million in new engagement sales in FY14 by conducting exploratory client meetings, identifying appropriate specialists, creating presentations and proposals, leading specialist teams, and closing deals that brought real value to clients.
• Managed an international team of ABAC specialists in support of a multinational client's pre- and post-closing compliance risk assessment and integration process in its largest-ever acquisition. Identified and remediated compliance risks in seventeen countries, allowing rapid integration of the target company in a multi-billion dollar deal.
• Led an international team and counseled a multinational client through its first-ever FCPA investigation, which led to the termination of certain third-party agents. Advised on remediation and risk mitigation steps.
• Conceived, planned, and executed a global ABAC risk assessment for a multi-national client, using an international team. Developed a “menu” of proactive assessment options for the client’s Audit Committee, and counseled the client on the appropriate approach, in light of time and budget constraints.
• Supervised a team of analytics specialists in support of a Fortune 20 client’s investigation into billing discrepancies in a set of multi-billion dollar government contracts. Immediately recognized contract risk, and helped the client to identify the scope of, and to remediate, potential billing problems.
• Held a Secret security clearance for work with the U.S. Department of Justice Criminal Division.