√ \5+ Years of experience in retail, consulting, market research and migrating work in an off-shore operations.
√Domain expertise in Education, Beverages, Sports, Pharmaceuticals & Biotech, Gaming, Indian & US Retail Industry.
√Exposure to US retail during international visits.
√Experience in conducting consumer, customer and retailer analysis and having exposure to varied data-sources.
√Expertise in recruiting, setting up and handling teams.
√Possess the business acumen to be end client facing in an on shore / off shore relationship
Areas of Strength:
- Research and Consulting
- Strategic Planning
- Business Transformation
- Process Management
- Project Management
- Team building & Leadership
Country: United States of America (New York, Dallas, New Jersey & Chicago)
Period: 2 Months (March-April ’05)
Country: United States of America (Minneapolis,)
Period: 3 Months (October 07- January 08)
Symphony Marketing Solutions India Pvt. ltd. / Symphony Services Corp India Pvt. Ltd.
Bangalore- Karnataka-India June 2004… present
Associate Manager – Management Analytics Solutions
Client: Optimal Advantage, United States (Sector –Retail Consulting)
- Lead the Global Analytics Center of the client.
- Responsible for delivery of retail analytical projects, team and operational management.
- Responsible for transitioning and process mapping, interacting with the client and being the lead from Symphony’s side.
Types of projects undertaken
- Out of Stock studies
- Product placement ( In-store execution)
- Loyalty Reporting
- Retail consulting & industry overview projects etc.
Client: Information Resources Inc, United States – (Sector – Market Research & Consulting)
Associate Manager-IRI-Client Solutions Group
- Led PepsiCo’s Snacks vertical 3 +years, PepsiCo for 8 Months and also supported other client teams.
- Led a team of 10 to 30 people, recruited and trained members of the global operating center on tools, techniques and analysis.
- Provided data-based insights for decision support for the CPG Industry in the form of quarterly and yearly studies for different competitors, categories & brands.
- Responsible for transformation and process migration to the GOC.
- Responsible for hiring & retaining world class talent for the team
- Responsible for scoping and project planning for new team development, to expand services to new accounts clients.
- Responsible for driving production efficiency through automation and process mapping.
- Design BCP for maintaining project schedules as well responsible for Six Sigma audits for compliances.
- Responsible for performance in accordance to accepted SLAs’ and advice action plan for performance improvement
- One of the first members from the PILOT team to be involved in setting up the Global Operating Center and be a part of the transition.
- Have transitioned and set up processes for Knowledge Group, Kellogg’s and PepsiCo.
- To be assigned the role for Single Point of Contact for the Bangalore Client Solutions team.
- Have been pioneer in setting up many processes to improve efficiencies and share best practices in the GOC.
- Have won Quarterly “Shining Star Award” & Yearly “Best Performer-2005” awards.
- Have won “IRI- Frito Lay Sprit Award” and “Client Appreciation Award” from the client’s end appreciating my efforts in transitioning work to the India operations, team building, working on analytics projects and always going that extra mile.
- Have been well appreciated and recognized by clients and contract owners as a key member of their transition team.
- Symphony Managers School
- Business Insights Training –by Prof Dhruv Grewal, Babson College, USA
- Leadership and Managing Teams
- Six Sigma awareness trainings
Types of projects undertaken
·Category Overviews, Brand Overviews
·Quarterly Business Reviews
·Strategic Plan Studies
·Market Structure Studies
·Panel Studies like Trail & Repeats, Purchase Baskets, New Lost & Retained etc.
I used to report to the Vice President, CSG regarding insights and inputs for the retail market. The clients I handled are market leaders in beverage & salty snacks. I was a part of the core team for transitioning IRI’s analytics and consulting work to India.
IVY Comptech Pvt. Ltd.(Sectors – Online Gaming)
Hyderabad-Andhra Pradesh-IndiaOctober 2003 –June 2004
Associate - Transaction Support & Risk Analysis
- Deposit and payment options analysis of the American financial system.
- Dealing with third party processors and financial institutions.
- Monitoring Credit Cards, Bank Transfer, E Wallet and other Payment methods.
- Profile and SSN checks as well as checking fraud patterns.
- Instrumental in developing parameters for fraud detection.
- Documented processes relating to deposit and payment options, which were very critical to the process.
Ernst & Young Pvt. Ltd.(Sectors -Biotech, Pharmaceuticals, Retail)
Hyderabad-Andhra Pradesh-India April-August 2003
Trainee - Corporate Advisory Services and Markets
·Have been actively involved in providing Biotech and Pharmaceutical insights.
·Have been involved in doing feasibility studies.
·Preparing case studies with the objective of comparative business analysis & benchmarking.
·Identifying new clients for the company and preparing project proposals.
Suncity E-mart Pvt. Ltd. (Sectors -Retail)
Bhubaneswar- Orissa-India April 2000-May 2001
Junior Manager – Operations and Advertising
·Conducted research for the company regarding the scope of growth and development in line with the vision of the company.
·Identifying potential customers and introducing them to the company.
·Creating database of suppliers, customers & inventory management.
·Responsible for promotional activities & exploring potential business markets.
·Customer interaction and relation.
Summer Internship Project
Ernst & Young Pvt. Ltd.(Sectors -Education, Beverages, Sports, Transport)
Project: “Feasibility Study for Setting up a Nursing Institute”
·The project involved in finding out the demand supply gap for nurses in India.
·Regulatory environment governing the colleges.
·Benchmarking colleges and studying the course structure followed.
Project: Industry Analysis “Study of the Beer Industry in India.”
·Project involved the study of Indian Beer Market.
·Major players in the market along with their market share.
·Number of breweries and their ownership pattern.
·Per capita consumption and the analysis of demand and supply of beer.
In the course of 4 months, I did other small projects like “Study of opportunities and growth of golf market in India”, a study on “Express Cargo” in the transport sector etc. I have also helped them in the execution of various assignments in different sectors of the economy.
Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (Finance)ICFAI Business School (2001-2003)
Bachelor in Commerce (Accounts Honors)Ravenshaw Autonomous College (1997-2000)