Business development professional with 10 years experience cultivating B2B relationships inthe media, entertainment and sports industries. Expertise includes relationship management, strategic partnerships, sales leadership, and talent development. Known as an exceptional collaborator and communicator amongst colleagues and as a trusted business partner by clients.
Managed sales territory for industry-leading manufacturer and distributor of retail flooring products. Customer base consisted of flooring outlets in Washington, DC, Virginia, southern Maryland and eastern West Virginia. Responsibilities included all aspects of vendor relationship, including in-store marketing, pricing coordination, credit management and order cycle/fulfillment.
- Named Regional Salesman of the Year for Hard Surfaces division based on sales performance in 2003.
- Ranked in top 10% of national Hard Surfaces salesforce in total revenue.
- Increased overall sales by 55% in first full year with Shaw, growing from $650,000 in 2002 to $1,020,000 in 2003.
- Expanded account base from 84 to 160 within first six months of joining Shaw.
- Created and implemented several regional programs to increase the flow of strategic communication to customer base .
Jan 2006 - Present
Director, Affiliate Sales and Marketing
Comcast Networks, a division of Comcast Corporation, is a cable television programming group that oversees 19 properties, including E! Entertainment, Golf Channel, Style Network, Versus, PBS Kids Sprout and 10 regional Comcast SportsNets. Responsible for securing network distribution, increasing insertable advertising base and promoting networks through partnerships with existing clients (affiliates). Currently manage sales activities, including prospecting, planning and resource allocation for three-person North Central Region team (Ill., Ind., Mich., Penn., Wisc.).
- Promoted to Senior Regional Manager in Sept. 2006, and to Regional Director in Sept. 2008.
- Completed successful contract renewals in 2009 for Comcast SportsNet Chicago (100% renewal) and Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia (99% renewal), securing $2.1 million in new revenue and $66 million in total revenue over four years.
- Obtained network launches and subscriber gains with clients including Time Warner Cable, Cox Communications, Charter Communications and various independent cable operators.
- Secure more than $45 million in media value annually through affiliate marketing campaigns.
- Expanded insertable advertising base for Golf Channel and Versus with major launches in New York, Indianapolis & Boston.
- Part of a national marketing effort that led to a $26 million contract renewal for Golf Channel and Versus.
Apr 2004 - Dec 2005
Director of Sales and Marketing
Managed all sales and marketing efforts for the TPC at Jasna Polana, a high-end PGA TOUR-managed private golf facility. Responsibilities included strategic marketing planning, management of PGA TOUR and TPC Network brands on a regional level, member relations and community/civic involvement. Clients included Fortune 500 companies and “C-level” executives from Bristol Myers Squibb, Johnson & Johnson, Zurich Financial, Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs and NBC.
- Increased annual membership sales by 12% in first year with the TPC.
- Achieved 352% of budget in Club’s most difficult sales month (December 2005).
- National Sales Director of the Month (August 2005).
- Created “member appreciation” events designed to increase member loyalty and satisfaction.
- Developed concept for and managed the production of a state-of-the-art interactive CD-Rom marketing brochure to support sales initiatives and increase brand awareness.
- Established corporate partnership with the New Jersey State Bar Association, whereby the TPC at Jasna Polana gained exclusive marketing rights to the Bar’s 16,000 statewide members.
Aug 2008 - Jun 2010
Attended accelerated, 22-month Executive MBA program, which is designed to allow professionals to pursue a full-time MBA while working. The following are program highlights:
- Intensive "team" format for entire length of program
- Insight with local executives through guest lectures, speaking programs and networking events
- Week-long international business experience in Sao Paolo, Brazil and Buenos Aires Argentina
Aug 1998 - May 2001
Bachelor of Arts
Graduated Summa Cum Laude with dual major from Syracuse University:
- Public Relations - S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
- American History - College of Arts and Sciences
College Work Experience
- Athletic Communications Intern - Syracuse University Athletic Department (December 1996 - May 2011)
- Media Relations Intern - United States Golf Association (May-August 2000)
- P.J. Boatwright Intern - New York State Golf Association (May-September 1999)
- Manager of Game Operations - Syracuse Chiefs Baseball Club (June 1997-April 1998)