Blood Bank Supervisor
SkyRidge Medical Center
- Streamlined processes and reduced paperwork for greater efficiency and productivity.
- Developed and validated an interface for automated transmission of patient orders, results, and billing for improved accuracy and workflow.
- Built tables for Blood Bank software upgrades and validated system performance.
- Selected as "super user" for new laboratory information system. Built, validated, and implemented system. Assisted in training sessions.
- Automated manual data retrieval processes by designing various reports with Crystal Reports and Microsoft Access.
- Became an active participant and resource for Blood Bank network (Wyndgate User Group).
- Served as team leader for emergency center transition team. Created and delivered presentation to senior management regarding team suggestions for improvement.
- Served as team leader for improvement of employee satisfaction, raising overall scores.
- Created a "Brag Board" to recognize employee contributions to raise employee morale.
- Developed and delivered educational presentations for laboratory and nursing staff for improved patient outcomes and staff competency.
- Achieved significant savings by recognizing cost differences among specific vendors. Received award for recognition of efforts.
- Conducted research for benchmarking and performance evaluation metrics.
- Developed concisely written policies and procedures in alignment with Joint Commission, Tennessee, and AABB regulations.
- Selected, installed, and validated laboratory equipment. Created extensive training materials and conducted training sessions for staff.
- Acted as inspector of laboratory services for CAP.