- Motivated, MBA-level healthcare professional with passion for combining excellence, integrity, innovation, and best practices for achieving unsurpassed quality, efficiency, and reliability.
- Detail-oriented achiever with organization skills for multi-tasking and thriving in fast-paced environments while coordinating numerous time-sensitive projects.
- Computer-proficient leader with strong technical background and demonstrable record of developing and applying long-term technology solutions.
- Ambitious, independent thinker with enthusiasm for viewing challenges as opportunities for growth, fulfillment, and advancement of personal and organizational goals.
- Visionary team-builder with dedication to creative problem-solving and cross-functional performance improvement in alignment with strategic direction.
- Compassionate, culturally-sensitive leader with exceptional interpersonal communication skills, flexibility and adaptability, and genuine concern for the success of others.
- Performance Improvement
- Quality Assurance
- Project Coordination
- Change Management
- Training / Coaching
- Policy Development and Implementation
- Productivity Improvement
- Team Leadership
- Financial Analysis
Jun 2003 - Present
Blood Bank Supervisor
SkyRidge Medical Center
- Streamlined processes and reduced paperwork for greater efficiency and productivity.
- Developed and validated an interface for automated transmission of patient orders, results, and billing for improved accuracy and workflow.
- Built tables for Blood Bank software upgrades and validated system performance.
- Selected as "super user" for new laboratory information system. Built, validated, and implemented system. Assisted in training sessions.
- Automated manual data retrieval processes by designing various reports with Crystal Reports and Microsoft Access.
- Became an active participant and resource for Blood Bank network (Wyndgate User Group).
- Served as team leader for emergency center transition team. Created and delivered presentation to senior management regarding team suggestions for improvement.
- Served as team leader for improvement of employee satisfaction, raising overall scores.
- Created a "Brag Board" to recognize employee contributions to raise employee morale.
- Developed and delivered educational presentations for laboratory and nursing staff for improved patient outcomes and staff competency.
- Achieved significant savings by recognizing cost differences among specific vendors. Received award for recognition of efforts.
- Conducted research for benchmarking and performance evaluation metrics.
- Developed concisely written policies and procedures in alignment with Joint Commission, Tennessee, and AABB regulations.
- Selected, installed, and validated laboratory equipment. Created extensive training materials and conducted training sessions for staff.
- Acted as inspector of laboratory services for CAP.
May 2002 - Jun 2003
Coordinator of Laboratory Services
Fertility Center of Chattanooga
- Selected, installed and validated laboratory equipment.
- Designed layout for new laboratory for maximum efficiency and multi-tasking.
- Streamlined processes and updated policies and procedures to reflect Joint Commission and Tennessee requirements.
- Focused on customer service by cultivating relationships and improving quality of service.
Jan 1994 - May 2002
- Mentored and trained students in various laboratory departments.
- Educated patients and assisted pathologists with bone marrow collections.
- Volunteered to be trained for more challenging procedures and test methods.
- Thrived in fast-paced, high-stress environment with confidence.
Sep 2008 - Aug 2010
Master of Business Administration
Western Governors University
1988 - 1992
Bachelor of Science
Lincoln Memorial University
Medical Laboratory Supervisor