Dynamic communications consultant interested in digital marketing, branding, technology, social media and international relations. Experience working with leading companies on a wide range of projects to support their communications needs. PR agency background with over seven years experience in consumer, mobile, semiconductor, software and B2B technology. Originally from San Francisco, California, currently based in Bilbao, Spain. Ability to work virtually from anywhere.
Sep 2010 - Present
Independent Communications Consultant & PR Freelancer
Independent freelancer working with agencies and businesses to drive campaigns and support content development. Specializing in technology and developing strategies that align with new media trends. Ability to drive projects from start to fiinsh. Available for media outreach, content development, event coordination, translations and consulting for digital media projects.
Jan 2011 - Jan 2012
Freelance Account Manager
Provide account management support for virtual teams based in London and Munich. Project management, media outreach, proposals, budgets and coordination across EMEA and with NA teams.
May 2010 - Sep 2010
Performed coverage analysis, database management, translation, and research to support measurement of various strategic communications and marketing campaigns.
·Responsible for completing research and coverage analysis to support analysts. Analysis included global media research and measurement, social media research and influence mapping for business impact analysis. Projects included Cisco Systems, Visa Winter 2010 Olympics, Visa 2010 FIFA World Cup Sponsorship, Alibaba.com and Tourism Department of Dubai.
May 2005 - May 2010
Senior Account Executive
Experience providing top-level PR consultancy, implementation and communication strategies for high-tech clients. Well-suited to a fast-paced and collaborative team environment.Currently working with London and Munich offices as a freelance account manager.
- Managed day-to-day client and media relations
- Supervised entry-level staff including interns, account coordinators and account executives, provided mentorship and promoted company culture through events from annual party to volunteer work
- Developed a network of national, business and trade media including bloggers and key influencers in the technology space including Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg BusinessWeek, Forbes, USA Today, San Francisco Chronicle, LA Times, New York Times, AP, Reuters, CNET, PC Magazine, PC World, TechCrunch, EE Times and EDN
- Worked in close collaboration with senior team members to develop PR strategy, plans and proposals
- Leveraged traditional and digital communications tools from news wire releases, analytics and social media to communicate with key audiences and provide measurable results
- Wrote and developed proactive pitches, plans, press releases, key messages, bylined articles, talking points, speaking and awards submissions
- Coordinated product launches, panels, trade show meetings, webinars and executive road show tours
- Conducted and presented industry research for competitive trends and new technologies
- Collaborated with global hub teams based in EMEA and APAC to deliver on global campaigns. Completed a one-week international secondment to Singapore in 2008. Traveled to Mexico City to staff media briefings at the World Cyber Games 2007
- Promoted three times within the company based on performance and accomplishments
- Client work has resulted in the following industry awards:
oNXP Semiconductors: International Public Relations Association (IPRA)
Golden World Awards for Excellence in PR 2007 and North American Gold Sabre Award for Best Corporate Media Relations Campaign in 2007
oParrot, Inc.: Polly Want a Car Kit? California Drivers Go Hands-Free campaign nominated for honorable mention in the 2009 PR Week Awards
oRovi, formerly Macrovision: Corporate rebranding and repositioning in the digital home space, submitted for 2010 PR Week Corporate Communications Campaign of the year
oSemiconductor:NXP Semiconductors, Philips, Cadence Design Systems, Numonyx, Fujifilm Electronic Materials
oConsumer & Wireless: Sony PlayStation Portable, Parrot, Inc, Visto, Rovi, j2 Global
oSoftware & Services: Adobe Director, Acxiom Digital
oSecurity & Storage: Websense, Vormetric, BlueArc
Jul 2002 - Feb 2003
Job Skills: Technical writing, proofreading, translations, attention to detail and project coordination.
· Translation of internal and external documents for multinational antivirus company. Focused on the localization of product communications and website to the US and global markets. Provided quality control for documents including company website, presentations, HR, training manuals and legal text.