Help Desk Analyst
The California Endowment
The California Endowment is a private, statewide health foundation that was created in 1996 as a result of Blue Cross of California's creation of WellPoint Health Networks, a for-profit corporation.
· Provide technical support for multiple client locations, including Los Angeles, Sacramento, San Francisco, Fresno, and San Diego.
· Responsible for various computer, network devices, and VOIP devices including setup, managing, and resolving network issues.
· Improved system performance by distributing application functions between server and enduser computer.
· Implement/manage Internet-based video-conferencing system, PBX systems, and networks/servers.
· Prepare system configuration and user documentation and conduct end-user training.
· Added functionality to the software evaluation process by creating a test domain with a Cisco switch, domain controller, and Microsoft SharePoint site to manage software evaluation projects.
· Played key role in VOIP project from the planning, implementation, and final stages. An example is the role in implementing VOIP technology to San Diego Regional office that included switch configuration, hardware installation for router, and the placement and testing of the phones.
· Discovered talent to originate new projects. An example is the project evaluation of Computrace, laptop security application, to assist in the security mananging and tracking of mobile laptops.
· Attained Cisco Certified Network Associate certification.
· Worked in multiple capacities to achieve more knowledge of the network and become a more valuable team member.