Senior Sales, Marketing and General Management Executive
- Costa Rica
- [email protected]
High Level Executive and Business Leader with international experience and broad Sales and Marketing expertise in different industries.
An effective strategist with great capability to create the vision and plans required to capitalize on profitable market opportunities, building high performance teams.
Skilled at providing cross-functional leadership with the ability to unify core operating units across the organization to achieve financial and corporate growth objectives.
Core Qualifications include:
- Marketing Strategies & Leading Rapid Sales Growth
- Competitive Assessment and New Channel Development
- Expense Control & Profit Optimization
- Organizational Design and Performance Enhancement
- P&L Management, Budgeting & Forecasting
- Negotiating and Managing Strategic Partnership
- Retail & Corporate Sales Development
- Strategic Operational and Finance Planning
- Building Local & Regional Sales Teams
- Digital Strategies and Market Expansion
- Streamlining Operations & Margin Improvement
- Client Relations Design and Management
In charge of the General Direction of an important automotive group that has 44 years of existence, owns over 25 retail sites including Super Servicio and Greenlubs stores and has wholesale distribution of major brands like: Castrol, Meguiar´s, Bosch, NGK, Pirelli, Hankook, Bridgestone, Firestone and many others.
In charge of the General Management of a FinTech startup company.
Responsible for the market opening strategy and the generation of new business, leading the products and solutions development.
Handling directly the relations with Board Members and Investors.
Responsible for the business plan and strategies to reach the goals.
Directed the Management Committee and provided leadership to all areas of the business, including: Operations, Finance, Human Resources, Loss Prevention, Logistics, Purchasing and Real Estate.
• Increased income and profit over 20% and generated savings of $1.8 Million per year by re-engineering and re-structuring stores, office support and operations.
• Enhanced the customers shopping experience and reduced shrink by 25%
• Launched the Customer Service support center, also the first online shoe store in the region and mobile app.
Accountable for the Sales (B2C & B2B), Marketing, and Customer Service areas for this regional telecommunication company that operates in Guatemala, El Salvador, Nicaragua and Costa Rica.
Formulated all strategic marketing and business development programs, revitalized/expanded a stagnant marketing and sales function, cultivated new strategic sales partnerships, installed more demanding performance metrics, and instituted aggressive go-to-market campaigns.
Launched new service lines and products maintaining account relationships.
• Created the Internet JAPI brand in Central America opening more than 200 sales locations.
• Enhanced Customer Service support in the region through the improvement of CRM, Teams and KPIs.
• Developed a strong sales force, exceeded retail sales plan by 15% and corporate sales plan by 20%.
Directed a Special Project in preparation for the opening of Costa Rica Operations.
In charge of sales and customer retention goals for the retail business in the Country.
Responsible for the commercial relationship and customer service with dealers and small-mid size businesses, also oversaw the direct retail stores.
Designed and executed the required strategies to achieve the sales and financial targets on a highly competitive marketplace.
• Exceeded the retail prepaid sales versus plan by 17% and postpaid sales versus plan by 50%.
• Revamped stores look and feel and enhanced the customer service scores reducing churn by 15%.
• Recruited the Training Manager and established programs to provide more impactful sales channel support.
Responsible for the reaching of the Financial and Business objectives in Costa Rica and Nicaragua, defined and implemented short and long term goals; managed the Operations, Sales, Marketing, Policy Implementation, Processes, Customer Service and provided strategic direction.
• Consistent profitability since the first year of operations. Maintained Level 1 Operations, keeping a close follow up on Sales Performance and Expense Control in all areas of the business.
• Successful in hiring and retaining quality personnel. Created an inspiring and productive work environment.
• “Saving Heroes” Award in 2005 and “Best Team Player” Award in Central America in 2007.
Held accountability for Sales, Marketing and Customer Service in Central America for Xerox General Market.
Worked closely with Xerox Corporation and the Concessionaires to exceed their Sales and Profit goals.
With special assignment in Costa Rica as the General Manager of the Concessionaire’s Business.
• Revitalized an underperforming Team and replaced half of the functional managers, outperforming revenue plan by 300% and growing the profit margin by 3 times.
• Reduced expenses by 25%, improved cash flow and inventory turnover while controlling costs.
Owned and managed a startup company specialized in Car Detailing and Car Sales.
Hired and trained the staff; negotiated with vendors, established budgets, directly in charge of the detailing sales and service areas, also of the marketing activities including advertising, pricing, promotions and loyalty program.
• Exceeded the sales and profitability goals by 10% on the first year of operations
• Personally closed contracts with car dealers to detail new BMW, Toyota, Audi and VW cars.
Held full P&L and General Management responsibility, supervised the Management Team and elaborated the business plan and strategies to guarantee the growth of the franchise operations.
Gave support to Domino’s Pizza International in the reaching of their Central America business.
• Outperformed revenue plan by 20% and hit profitability within 6 months
• Re-engineered operations to improve quality and customer satisfaction scores by 30%.
Led the Marketing, Sales and Customer Service departments for the IBM Consumer Products and Solutions, worked closely with IBM Corporation and developed the plans and actions to reach the sales objectives.
• Grew sales by 25% by creating Successful Teams while improving the Customer Service
• Improved internal and external customer satisfaction over 20%, enhancing the relationships with
Accountable for the Major Account Systems sales in Panama. Awarded the “Best Sales Executive” from 1990 to 1992. Part of Dell Computer Team Partners in the region, helped the Corporation to gain Market Share on a very competitive environment.
Costa Rica, Panama and Spain