Results-oriented communications professional experienced with media relations, social media, as well as event planning. Excellent oral and written communication skills with great attention to detail.
Feb 2011 - Present
Financial Aid Administrator
University of Illinois at Chicago
Meet with and Counsel students and parents in obtaining various sources of financial assistance.
- Counsel hundreds of students in different financial situations.
- Create and deliver PowerPoint presentations to both students and parents
- Review/audit financial aid applications and related documents for completeness and accuracy
- Research and respond to inquiries, problems and issues that may arise from various sources
- Participate in and present financial aid workshops
Oct 2010 - Feb 2011
Freelance PR Coordinator
Responsible for media relations, creating press material (press releases, pitches, and media alerts), and researching potential editorial opportunities for clients.
- Secured numerous media placements in various magazines and online blogs
- Created media list for all clients
- Updated client media reports
Jan 2010 - May 2010
Worked closely with Senior Account Executive on projects including media relations, press material
- Pitched editors and secured six interviews for a client's Chicago Media Tour
- Created and updated media lists using Cision
- Monitored social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr
Jan 2009 - May 2009
PR /Marketing Intern
Assisted with the planning and execution of special events. Responsible for media relations, creating press material, and advertising of events on blogs and forums.
- Created website content (www.michigancasinoparties.com)
- Contacted potential sponsors for events
- Contacted town officials for event permits