November 1988 –February 2001LG Hitach
Sales Team Manager for New Business 2 ( virtual venture company) (November 1998 – February 2001)
My job was involved research for new IT products and setting-up a sales team and selling this as a salesman. This is a kind of starting company. I was a team leader.
§Sales territory covered all the Korea market.
§Investigated new business items from foreign and domestic markets and launched new product business teams mimicking starting companies. (Network equipment, ERP, CRM, EDMS, Video conference, OLAP, DW etc.)
- Role was to start new business. (Investigating new IT products world wide and marketing business strategy and targeting annual revenue and set up channel, sales team, and sold to customers directly or indirectly.)
- Managing more than 20 people as a team leader.
- Searching for new business items from USA, Japan and Canada etc.
- Main success sales products were Network Equipment, CRM, ERP, Call center, CTI which could be developed big sales revenue as an SI solution and could be deployed in all industries.
- Target revenue was US $ 10.0M. FY 2000
§Networks products(Juniper, Extreme network, Cisco)
- Sold Juniper and Extreme network for SKTelecom backbone network.
Made standard networks spec in SK Telecom.
Revenue from SKT was about US $ 3.5M. FY 2000.
These products were sold continually. Nowadays the total number
of Juniper & Extreme network deployed in SKT is bigger than the
number of CISCO products.
- Sold Cisco’s equipment as an SI project in enterprise market (Volvo Korea, Oracle Korea), finance market ( NongHyup ). Revenue was US $ 3M.
§CRM products(Clarify, Trilogy, Firepond, Call center)
- Trained CRM solutions in the USA for 2 months.
- Contracted CRM solutions directly with CRM vendors in the USA and set up sales team within LG Hitachi, and made on-selling channel partners.
- Sold CRM full package and Call center, Support center, IVR, CTI.
- Sold Clarify solution to LG Electronic as CRM and call center solution. The contract size was US $ 3 M.FY 1999.
- Sold Clarify solution to Hangul&computer as Support and call center solution. US $500K. FY 1999
-Sold and Supported CRM to customers ( Hyundai, Hangul&computer, Motorola etc)
- Sold Baan solution to LG Industrial system as ERP solution.
The contract size was US $ 25M total. FY 1998.
- Also sold Baan package to Kirin, Hanyoung corporation, which were US $ 5M revenue. FY 1998.
- Consulting Banking CRM solution which was related to the Hitachi CRM package, in Finance industry (Chohung, NongHyup, Seoul, ShinHan etc).
§OLAP,DW ( Pilot, SAS)
- Supporting and consulting OLAP&DW package to customer sites like Chohung Bank, Nonghyup.
§Expanded business territories as a new project leader and launched new
business items continually.
§Studied IT business and related products from HW to SW and directly
reported on and IT consulted to CEO about company vision.
Senior Sales Representative for New business 1 (virtual venture company) (January 1996 – December 1997)
My job was involved research for new IT products from foreign companies and setting-up business strategies and starting sales teams and selling as a salesman. This is a kind of venture company. I was team sub-leader.
§Sales territory covered every industry in the Korea market.
§This new business development team was like a venture company which reported to the CEO directly.
- Role was the same with New business 2.I investigated new IT business items world wide and made marketing sales strategies & set-up channels for Korean market.
- Sold directly to customers or worked with channel partners to sell.
- Target revenue was US $ 5.0M. FY 1997
§Started Network (ATM, ISDN) and Disk Array (Hitachi Disk Array) sales.
(I started Hitachi disk array business first in the Korea market.)
- Sold ATM to LG Electronic (US $2M, FY 1997).
- Sold Hitachi disk array to Nong-hyup, Chohung Bank, Seoul Bank, LG Electronic (US $ 6M, FY 1997) with channels.
- Target customer was Finance, Telecom and Enterprise & Government.
§Sold Bank solution (Risk Management solution) to Chohung Bank, NongHyup, and ShinHan bank. ( US $ 4M, FY 1996)
§Trained in Network Technology & Disk Array technology from Hitachi in Japan (3 Months).
§Launching new business team and developed new sales items continually.
§Directly reporting and IT consulting to CEO.
Senior Sales Representative for SI team(January 1994 – December 1995)
Role was solution sales within telecom and finance industries.
§Solution business for telecom industry like KT, Dacom.
- In KT, made US $ 5M revenue with solution-based sale. FY 1995.
- In Dacom, made US $ 2M revenue with solution-based sale. FY 1994.
§Solution business for finance industry like Chohung bank, Non-banking sector (LG Security, KFCC, etc.).
- In banking sector, made US $ 2M revenue with solution-based sale. Chohung Bank, FY 1994.
- In non-banking sector, made US $3M revenue with DPS6 system. LG Security, Saju bank, FY1994
§Consulting Telecom & Finance IT business strategy and technical issues.
Project manager for Japan business (June 1992 – December 1993)
Role was application analyst.
§Managing Bridgestone tire JIT system development project in Tokyo, Japan. (IBM mainframe) as a team leader and programming analyst.
§Managing Hitachi application development project in Tokyo, Japan. (Hitachi mainframe, UNIX server ) as a team leader and programming analyst.
§Managing project and team (the number of project member was about 20.)
§Using COBOL, Assembly Language.
Application engineer for Mainframe- Bull system (January 1991 – May 1992)
Role was System Engineer for telecom industry.
§Supporting KT (HITEL) and Dacom (CHULIAN) as a system engineer.
§Making telecom requirement and sales opportunity.
§Using PL/1, Assembly language.
Programmer for supporting LG Electronic (November 1988 – December 1990)
Role was Application developer.
§Developing KT HR system as an application developer.
§Using COBOL programming language.