Coordinator, Butler County Teen Intervention Program
Perform duties for the Teen Intervention Program such as taking referrals, maintaining client database, communicating with referral sources, grant reporting and attending Juvenile Corrections Advisory Board of Butler County as agency representative. Facilitate Thinking for a Change class to juvenile offenders. Perform other duties related to practicum placement.
Notable practicum activities:
- Attended Team Justice of Sedgwick County meetings as an observer to learn about legislation and funding in the juvenile justice system.
- Attended Juvenile Corrections Advisory Board of Butler County meetings as a representative of the agency to stay informed on legislation and funding for juvenile justice in Butler County.
- Chaired committee for women's health event at Episcopal Social Services for low income women served by the agency. This event included massages, nursing student health screenings, Dress for Success, healthy food choices and free clothing and accessories.
- Began planning for a possible new program for which the agency plans to write a grant. This program would be a community garden that would provide a community service options to the juvenile offenders served by the program currently.
- Assisted with collaboration with Boys and Girls club to provide Thinking for a Change as a part of their Targeted Outreach Program.
- Performed above listed duties as the coordinator for the Teen Intervention Program of Butler County under the supervision of the Program Director.
- Participated in singing group of staff and volunteers to perform at volunteer appreciation dinner, and that will perform at a parish church in the near future to raise funds for the agency.
- Prepared quarterly grant reports for the Butler County Teen Intervention Program.
- Assisted Teen Intervention Program Director in attending meetings with juvenile probation officers to educate them on Thinking for a Change concepts.
- Prepared training materials for Teen Intervention Program volunteers. Facilitated volunteer training along with the Teen Intervention Program Director.
- Attended volunteer training for Juvenile Field Services Accountability Panel.
- Attended "Voices from the Field" child welfare training on 11/18/11.
- Attended community project meeting with volunteer coordinator on 12/1/11.
- Attended Fetal Alcohol Syndrome training on 12/2/11.
- Attended Demand Change conference for human trafficking awareness on 4/13/12.