CBS Radio, WNEW Newsradio 99.1 FM
reporter, anchor, editor
D.C. Bureau Chief: 4/15-12/15
- Reporting D.C. politics: mayor's office, council, executive departments and congressional delegate.
- Team with other reporters and editors on continuing coverage of breaking news.
- Enterprise and Special coverage:
- Led production and reporting of Pope Francis' visit to the United States.
- Reporting and anchoring during the riots in Baltimore.
- Production and reporting of a series following a spike in crime in D.C.
Transportation Reporter: 1/14-4/15
- Continuing coverage of WMATA including a transition of leadership, L'Enfant smoke incident, the opening of the Silver Line, the expansion of the railcar fleet.
- Reporting of long-term and short-term transportation projects, developments and trends:
- policy quest toward Vision Zero and the rise of cycling culture.
- conflict between the taxicab industry and ride-hailing services Uber and Lyft.
- opening of HOT lanes and new tolled commuter highways.
- development of the first new streetcar line to Washington, D.C. in 50 years.
Editor-PM Drive: 10/13-1/14
- Direct reporters in the field to cover breaking news and create enterprise stories.
- Coordinate traffic, weather, sports assets into cohesive and compelling newscasts.
- Partner with the anchors to build interesting, informative and well-paced newscasts.
- Monitor input from reporters, management, listeners, social media and the Internet to identify and develop breaking news stories.
- Write and execute 5-7 30-minute newscasts per shift, each comprised of 15-20 stories.
- Construct attention grabbing headlines, teases and copy to pique audience interest.