Crimson Resort & Spa Mactan
Reporting to the Area General Manager and owners, based off property, the present profile involves leading the Resort independently and ensuring all the business objectives are met. This being an internally managed company and the first venture of a conglomerate, the opportunity to set up not just the standards for the Resort, but also set the tone for the hospitality division of the Company and future projects was both exciting and challenging having always being part of an International set up with all sorts of resources readily available in all aspects of the business.
Present Key Responsibilities and Accountability address all aspects of the Business namely Customers, Associates, Profits and Market Share and Owner Relations. To briefly elaborate:
- Introducing and ensuring continuous focus on Guest Recognition & amenity programs.
- Focused profile based recruitment and ensuring training towards enhancing skills.
- Responsible for all the entire P&L and delivering GOP by maximizing revenues through sales strategies and other measures. Also by controlling costs effectively to meet Budget guidelines by having control systems in place for all controllable costs and man hours.
- Plan effective use of capital: manage operating and capital expenditures, and create a long term plan for preventive maintenance and asset protection.
Achievements at Crimson Resort & Spa Mactan:
- Delivered career high GOP of 47.8% and 45.4% respectively from a Total revenue growth of 14% year on year and flat the next, despite reeling from two major calamities Q4 2013.
- Created Brand Standards and implemented Brand Standard audits thereof.
- Institutionalized weekly Room Sales Strategy meetings (Rooms revenue growth by 9%).
- Institutionalized weekly sales forecasts for all revenue streams & manpower productivity.
- Created Internal audits for all operational departments and Heart of the house areas.
- Implemented an Online Guest Satisfaction Survey process.
- Implemented an online reputation management system to better manage online presence.
- Through continuous engagement with OTA’s room nights grew by 48% (22% of Room nights) and direct bookings through internal website grew by 29% (6% of Room nights).
Awards and recognition received in 2013
- Most Engaged Property – Expedia
- Best Supporting Hotel – Hotelbeds
- Certificate of Excellence – Tripadvisor
- Continent Winner - Luxury Beach Resort Category - World Luxury Hotel Awards
- Top Eight Hotel Spas in the World – Agoda
- Agoda Golden Circle Award 2013
- Conde Nast Johansens recommended
- T+L World's Best Nominee
- Saffron café and Tempo - Philippines Best Restaurants 2013 - Asia Tatler
- Rakuten Meister award – Aggressive Player in Philippines
Awards and recognition received in 2014
- Bookers Wishlist Award – Booking.com
- Country Winner: Best Luxury Resort Spa – World Luxury Spa Awards
- Agoda Golden Circle Award 2014
- Destination Resort of the Year Nominee – Asia Spa Awards
- Global Winner – Luxury Thalasso & Spa Category – World Luxury Hotel Awards
- Outstanding Hotel Partner – GTA