Multimedia and Marketing Manager
As the Multimedia and Marketing Manager, I play a leadership role and am charged with providing a high-level vision in the development of the University’s marketing and recruitment strategy, as well as ensuring consistent delivery of all branding, marketing and strategic communication efforts. In this position, I work collaboratively with all Gannon University entities to fully integrate and advance institutional marketing, branding and communications efforts, both internally and externally.
A primary goal of my position is to help Gannon University realize its enrollment and philanthropic goals by advancing an enhanced image of the University regionally, nationally, and beyond, as a premiere institution that prepares academically talented students to achieve success. The effective result of these efforts will contribute to: increasing the diversity and quality of Gannon’s undergraduate, graduate and global populations; raising the visibility of Gannon and the accomplishments of its students, faculty and staff, building alumni engagement in the future of the University, as well as establishing Gannon as a vital resource locally, regionally, and nationally. Gannon expects its largest freshman class since 1986 this fall of 2018.
Excelling in a fast-paced, deadline-driven work environment, it is my responsibility to oversee the marketing and multimedia activities that impact University enrollment and advancement and increase the public’s interest in the University’s programs and offerings.
Utilizing various media technologies, I develop strategic marketing efforts to best convey the University brand to target audiences by working directly with clients to align their goals with the goals of the University.
I also oversee two departments: the Gannon Press, a full-service, in-house print shop, and Distribution Services, a USPS location. In this roll, I have generated additional revenue for the University through solicitation of external print projects from outside the University and have established the Gannon Press and Distribution Services as profit centers for the University.
- Create a formal integrated communications and marketing vision that will promote the University’s public identity. Engage administrators, faculty, students and alumni in discussions about the vision, incorporating feedback and introducing processes for its consistent application across the University. Utilize quantitative market research and analysis to measure effectiveness and impact of the overall branding effort and specific communications.
- Plan, develop, implement and manage strategic design of marketing initiatives in assigned areas such as, but not limited to, recruitment and academic affairs, events, publications, communication, web, marketing research, social media, advertising; solicit input from appropriate sources to conduct strategic analyses, and propose and implement solutions and initiatives which will achieve identified objectives and goals
- Based on market research, data and the expressed needs of the University, formulate and articulate a strategic marketing and communications vision for messaging, branding and strategies that enhance the overall University goals in enrollment, alumni engagement, fundraising, volunteerism and pride in Gannon University
- Develops annual and long-term plans to meet marketing objectives
- To develop and implement an innovative range of promotional and marketing activities that will ensure that a larger number and broader range of appropriate applicants are attracted to, and select, the programs offered by the University
- Collaborates with third-party and external vendors to maintain brand integrity and enhance marketing and recruitment effectiveness; negotiates with these entities to secure competitive prices for paid support services
- Assists and coordinates with the Multimedia Specialist for the University’s video and multimedia needs in support of the Mission
- Manages and coordinates the Gannon Press and Distribution Services’ marketing and print production services, including leading a professional staff and directing their day-to-day activities to ensure efficiencies, establish processes and manage strategic operations
- Generates additional revenue for the University through solicitation of external print projects from outside the University and establish the Gannon Press and Distribution Services as profit centers for the University.
- Assists the Social Media Specialist with the development and implementation of the social media strategy and calendar for the college and works with other members of the department to ensure optimal utilization of social networking vehicles
- In partnership with the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, identify and meet/exceed stated personal performance goals that will align with the Divison’s strategy and University goals; understand the importance of aligning action with overall University strategy.
- Ability to be a proactive sales professional with a proven track record of developing new business, closing sales, maintaining a high client retention rate and growing existing accounts
- Obtain and study information about clients' products, needs, problems, advertising history, and business practices to offer effective sales presentations and appropriate product assistance
- Explain to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible
- May train and be asked to oversee student workers/interns on a variety of marketing projects
- Provides leadership and representation to various college strategic committees and taskforces with respect to specific marketing and communications programs, projects and issues
- Provides weekly updates to the Chief Marketing and Communications Officer as identified
- Support crisis communication efforts and reputation management of the University