- United Way
- Heart Walk
- Make a Wish Foundation
- March of Dimes
- Erie City Mission
- Scott Enterprises “We Promise to Care” Campaign
- Highmark Caring Place
A quantitative and qualitative look at my educational theory.
Excerpt: “One’s experience must flow from part to part to become whole while still retaining its individual sections. In this way, both unity and uniqueness can be implemented. Learning involves one experience with many interrelated, artistic and communicative parts. Not until you have completed all of these individual but connected parts will it become an experiences – a complete whole…My philosophy of education is teaching theoretical knowledge through expressive experience, synthesizing that experience into a whole and reflecting on that experience…I also believe the student needs to have options and choices with regard to how best initiate experiences.”
WILD Conference, Gannon SBDC
Steering Member, Registration Chair, Exhibitor Chair
The mission of the Women in Leadership Development (W.I.L.D.) Conference is to empower professional and enterprising women with knowledge, energy and passion. The W.I.L.D., founded in 2008 by the Gannon University SBDC, is a celebration that recognizes; supports and promotes women in business through women helping women. This concept of connectivity is achieved by encouraging networking, providing leadership opportunities and supporting each other.
- Member since 2009
- Instrumental in the planning, promotion, marketing and overall decision making for the conference to ensure its success each year.
- Successfully executed the registration process for the past 2 years.
- Responsible for the solicitation of new exhibitors and the retention of existing exhibitors.
- Hosted the WILD event at the Ambassador Center in 2009.
YEP! Young Erie Professionals
- Promote Erie and attract young professionals to our area.
- Play a part in reversing the trend in Erie of young professionals seeking careers outside of Erie
- Athena PowerLink is being provided by the Erie Regional Chamber & Growth Partnership, PNC Bank and contributing partners The DeMarco Wachter Firm and Gannon University SBDC. We are committed to supporting women business owners in their efforts to grow their businesses.
- Successfully participated in a mentorship program for Glass Growers Gallery contributing to the following areas: Business Plan Development, Internet Marketing Plan, Facility Maximization and Evaluation and Financial/Accounting Advice
Flagship Niagara League
Committee Member - Marketing and Development
- Advised on action plans for marketing efforts for both their annual appeal and also for fundraising events and awareness of the needs of the ship.
Athena Erie Women's Leadership
Founding Committee Member of Inaugural Luncheon for Erie, PA
- The ATHENA Leadership Model identifies eight distinct attributes that are reflective of women's contributions to leadership: Authentic Self, Relationships, Giving Back, Collaboration, Courageous Acts, Learning, Fierce Advocacy, Celebration and Joy. These personal traits that are more intuitive to women and combined with the strongest aspects of traditional leadership-taking risks, assertiveness, hard work-prepare women to be successful leaders in the 21st century.
- 2013 Steering Member
- These annual luncheons bring together emerging and established women leaders in the community across several disciplines including: government, small and large business, educational and nonprofit sectors to network and create a bond of lasting partnerships.
- Supports the efforts of the conference and assists in ways to enhance the outcome.
- Executive Member of the WE-DO Conference (Women's Economic Development Organization)
- Executive Committee Member of the March of Dimes Chef's Auction
- Participated in Auction Solicitation for the LECOM Scholarship Auction
- Past Committee member for Erie School District Culinary Competition and Splash Lagoon Incentive Days
- Past Committee member of Scott Enterprises "We Promise to Care" campaign
- Active with both Erie Regional Chamber and Growth Partnership and Visit Erie.
May 2013 - Present
Marketing and Communications Specialist
- As the Marketing & Communications Specialist, I provide marketing strategy with a consultative approach to students and all classifications of faculty, staff and administration at Gannon University, government agencies, vendors, media representatives, and the general public. I play a leadership role in the development of university marketing and media plans as well as ensuring consistent delivery of all branding, marketing and communications efforts. I demonstrate the desire to work independently and provide the direct execution of strategies to increase enrollment and bring the Gannon University story to life.
- Plan, develop, implement and manage strategic design of marketing initiatives in assigned areas such as, but not limited to, events, publications, publicity, announcements, web, marketing research, social media, recruitment, and advertising campaigns; research relevant issues, solicit input from appropriate sources and creative team, conduct strategic analyses, and propose and implement solutions and initiatives which will achieve identified objectives and goals.
- Analyzes and evaluates clients' products, communication needs, problems, advertising and marketing history, and business practices - proposing and implementing solutions and initiatives which will achieve University goals in enrollment, alumni, engagement, fundraising, volunteerism and pride in Gannon University.
- Develops and maintains professional contacts and affiliations with representatives of local, regional, national, and international media to promote the dissemination of news and publicity related to assigned areas; develops and writes news releases as appropriate.
- Support crisis communication efforts, and serves as spokesperson as needed.
- Assists and manages the University Media, Marketing & Communications Writer with writing for the University’s publications, press releases, public relations advertising copy, media relations, social media, fact sheets, Webpages, emails and other items as needed.
- Based on market research, data, and the expressed needs of the University, formulate and articulate a strategic marketing and communications vision for messaging, branding, and strategies that enhance the overall University goals in enrollment, alumni engagement, fundraising, volunteerism and pride in Gannon University.
- Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
- Provide leadership in public relations and communication. Handle media inquiries, proactively position University experts and news stories with media outlets, coordinate media interviews with faculty, staff and students
- Provides leadership and representation to various college strategic committees and taskforces with respect to specific communications and/or public relations programs, projects, and issues
- Schedules, coordinates, implements and works all events related to areas of responsibility.
- Provides weekly updates to the Director for Marketing and Communications on marketing efforts, achievements, challenges and expenditures.
- Provides assistance to and backs-up co-workers and other staff within the department as necessary.
Sep 2008 - May 2013
Corporate Sales Manager
Scott Enterprises is a privately held, award winning, hospitality company with 22 brands including restaurants, hotels, conference centers, ski and golf resort and a top-ten north American water park resort. Some of my key responsibilities and accomplishments include:
- Assist in leading sales team to develop and implement Marketing and Sales action plans to increase revenue for eight hotel brands, seven restaurant chains, the Ambassador Center, Splash Lagoon Indoor Water Park & Resort and Peek’n Peak Resort & Spa.
- Developed new business in Pennsylvania and Western New York and increased customer base by at a least 25% in the past 2 years.Top Marketing and Sales achiever for client retention of 75% of Scott Enterprise’s Top 10 Account (producing $1M per year).
- Awarded 2011 Top Revenue Producer.
- Consistently close a quarter million dollars in consumed room night and event revenue each quarter due to an ephasis on target marketing.Additional revenue is generated through off-site catering, restaurant sales, Splash Lagoon consignment ticket sales, golf tournaments and ski events.
- Collaborate with creative team on the creation and production of promotional collateral, advertisements and other materials ensuring content and design is compatible with the marketing and sales goals to fit within brand image
- Assist in writing content and the creation of other materials promoting company events and initiatives, under deadline.
- Successfully partner with non-profit clients to develop, promote, market and produce fundraising events.
- Secure sponsorship sales for company driven sales and marketing initiatives.
- Create individual marketing and sales strategies for specific market events that include visually promoting the image, products and services through event booth design, marketing materials and signage and through networking.
- Consistently represent Scott Enterprise to prospective clients with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- Continually targeting and prospecting for new business through outside sales calls, site visits, target market client events, telemarketing, individual creativity and innovation.
- Cultivate and maintain effective relationships with decision makers of orgnaizations, associations, social groups, non-profits and government entities to solve customer probems, meet committments, seek customer input and anticipate customer needs.
- Able to present Scott Enterprise’s brand and facilities to a wide array of audiences.
- Efficient at determining demand potential and presenting features/benefits that match the needs of the client. Gaining “next step” commitment or “closing”.
- Participate in effective crisis communication between conference center, hotels, resorts and public.
- Recognized for exceptional performance within the company-wide cross marketing program.
- Attend and represent the company at industry events, trade shows, community partner events, networking events and company hosted events.
- Work with local universities and colleges to create and market Alumni events, special events and promotions for students and faculty, and experiencial learning opportunities.
Feb 2008 - Sep 2008
Catering and Event Manager
- Part of the Opening Team responsible for winning Hotel of the Year for Sheraton Erie Bayfront Hotel.
- Created developed and implemented promotional events, packages and special events.
- Responsible for grass roots marketing and public relations to announce the hotel opening in order to secure a base business.
- Responsible for requests for information and coordinating ribbon cutting/opening ceremonies with local government, corporate and media outlets for event.
- Leveraged competitive information to understand competitor offerings and to make recommendations to Corporate and Brand management teams in understanding the local community regarding marketing activities.
- Utilized social media to position Sheraton Erie Bayfront as the premier hotel for Erie by monitoring and posting responses to ensure all content.
- Solicitation, development and maintenance of accounts in the following markets: Weddings, Social programs and events and Corporate markets.
- Conducted selling activities in accordance with sales activity and room night production goals.
- Detail manager for catering functions; maintains proper execution of event.
- Maintained quality care for customers and staff; constantly retaining a positive attitude during hectic times as well as using the ability to multitask. Able to resolve issues before problems arise. On-call 24 hours/day.
- Able to implement up-selling tactics as well as to encourage the sale of promotions, product and special events.
- Completed both Starwood and White Lodging Management comprehensive training programs.
Jun 2007 - Feb 2008
Director of Sales and Marketing
- Promoted to Director of Sales & Marketing from within the company after 2 years.
- Responsible for generating top line revenue and the management of all marketing efforts.
- Develop and implement monthly and annually sales action plans.
- Insures that the sales department team members achieve their sales activity and room night production goals.
- Can manage and lead a sales team.
- Establishes department objectives with General Manager. Monitors progress against hotel and department objectives throughout the year by reviewing all relevant daily reports.
- Effectively conduct market research, market segment tracking and competition analyses.
- Monitor market penetration and assesses hotel position in marketplace.
- Maintain active involvement in community and industry organizations.
- Hired, trained, supervised and perfomed evaluations of staff.
- Maintain communication with competitive hotels, Visit Erie and Chamber of Commerce.
Jul 2005 - Jun 2007
Sales Manager / Wedding Coordinator
- Solicitation, development and maintenance of accounts in the following markets: Weddings, Social programs and events, Athletics, Conference and Corporate markets.
- Develop innovative aggressive sales solicitation programs on an on-going basis. Cold calls, tours, marketing campaigns and community involvement & participation.
- Sought new opportunities and had the foresight to recognizing soft periods and act accordingly.
- Create mini-marketing & action plans, direct mail campaigns, solicitation programs and menu packaging on an on-going basis.
- Support operations to insure all communication is received in compliance to guest's requests for guest room blocks, guarantees and banquet events.
- Act as the liaison between guest requests and outside vendors.
- Support and promote a positive, professional work environment enabling all to initiate teamwork and quick decision making processes using poise and effectiveness under high pressure situations.
- Attention to detail is immaculate.
- Graphic Design and Publication work as needed.
Oct 2004 - Jul 2005
The Achievement Center is a non-profit organization assisting children to reach above and beyond their therapeutic goals. Since 1923, the center has expanded and grown to meet the needs of nearly 3,400 children annually with physical disabilities, developmental delays, emotional/behavioral problems and autism spectrum disorders. I was responsible for the following:
- Quarterly newsletter, The Achiever: From date of hire, expanded the newsletter from four (4) to eight (8) pages. Initiated interviews, meetings and departmental pieces thus creating a more balanced and creative newsletter.
- Brochures: Responsible for the creation of all agency brochures including departmental pieces and summer programs; liaison between the printer and the agency.
- Annual Campaign: Spearheaded annual giving from theme development to creation of brochure through direct mail and follow-up.
- Events: Trail of Treats, Trivia Night, Annual Luncheon. Responsibilities included the creation and production of all invitations, brochures, flyers and advertisement material; cultivation of sponsorship and silent auction contacts in Erie and Pittsburgh, PA, as well as, Chautauqua County, NY. Community awareness through press releases on both television and radio. Brought in Verizon Wireless as a major sponsor for Trivia Night within my first few weeks of hire.
- Annual Report: Completed layout and design, initiated interviews and follow-up conversations, as well as, signed consent forms from all families involved in publication. Handled all communication between Resource Development department and agency departments in order to have accurate and updated information and photographs. Acting photographer for agency. Expanded from six (6) to thirty-six (36) pages.
- Volunteer Coordinator: Active member of Pennsylvania Association of Volunteers (PAV). Position: Nomination Committee Chair - assisted in program to recruit, train and motivate new and existing volunteers.
- Assisted with Grant Writing and Research.
- Maintain donor database while bringing in new constituents.
- Responsible for all direct mailings.
- Monday Morning Memo. Wrote the agency memo each week keeping all staff up-to-date on agency happenings.
Nov 2003 - Oct 2004
Account Executive: Group Sales
- Solicitation, development and maintenance of accounts in the following markets: Travel & Tour (motor coach), Athletics, Small Meetings-Groups, Social programs and events.
- Generate business within these markets in a profitable manner while maintaining a database of clients, all current correspondences and activities.
- Served as the liaison between those markets and Scott Enterprises.
- Supervised assistant in administrative duties.
- Extreme team player able to work independently, meeting position requirements, without constant supervision while displaying a high level of professionalism, enthusiasm and customer service to both outside clients and coworkers.
Jul 2015 - Present
2015 National Conference on Student Recruitment, Marketing, and Retention
Each year the conference attracts more than 1,500 campus professionals, providing excellent opportunities to interact and network with your colleagues in higher education and to prepare for emerging trends and identify an effective roadmap for strategic planning in today’s changing environment.
Effective Prospecting, Building Relationships, Respectful Workplace, Coaching, Communication & Interpersonal Skills - Enhancing Your Leadership Style, Ethics in the Workplace and Marketing.
Sep 2002 - May 2004
Post Bachelorette Studies, Masters of Science in Speech
All course work completed. Thesis incomplete.
Sep 1998 - May 2001
Bachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Arts Cum Laude degree in Communication Arts
Teaching Certification: Secondary Education/Communication Arts
Senior Comprehensive Thesis:
Education through Expressive Experience and Reflections on that Experience
Honors: Deans Achievement Award, Allegheny College Alden Scholar, Cum Laude, Who's Who Among American Students