4160 Oakmont Ct. Crown Point, IN 46307
(219) 796-7557 • firstname.lastname@example.org
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Hard working and detail oriented with experience at large news station
- Passionate and dedicated worker for journalism, broadcasting, and communication
WGN-TV • Chicago, IL 60618• Summer of 2011
Assignment Desk Internship
- Worked closely with the Assignment Editors and helped determine which stories to cover for the newscast, find contacts for those stories, set up interviews and conduct the interviews.
- Assisted several reporters and photographers on assignments, as well as field produced on my own with photographers.
- Field produced interviews that aired on the 5 o'clock and 9 o'clock news for WGN-TV.
- Built a strong network with news reporter Marcella Raymond, and work closely with her whenever I am given the opportunity.
- Worked with a photographer to field produce the number one evening news story that night.
Purdue Fast Track • West Lafayette, IN 47906 • Spring 2012
Fast Track is Purdue University's News Team that airs a new show on local cable every Friday evening.
Reporter and Anchor
- Story writing, shooting, editing, and reporting each week on news around Purdue's campus.
- Received anchor position through audition.
- Recognized throughout the University and community for quality stories by airing the show on more channels around the area.
Purdue Dance Team Captain • 2011-2012
- Nationally ranked in the Big Ten for the past 4 years.
- Received hardest worker award 2010-2011.
- National Dance Association All American Award 2009-2010.
Campus Activities Director for Chi Omega Sorority • 2010-2011
- Managed activities with other organizations on campus.
- Coordinated communications and worked closely with other organization leaders around campus.
Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
Bachelor of Arts in Brian Lamb School of Communication Expected Graduation May 2012
Concentration in Mass Communication