Bachelor of Science
The curriculum builds on a foundation of communication and problem solving, theoretical and applied understanding of basic technical concepts, protocols, and software/hardware components of information systems technologies. Students enhance their understanding and practical knowledge of desktop, mobile, and web technologies; software and mobile app development; database management; information assurance and information system security management; cloud computing and virtualization, and systems analysis.
- Understand how basic software development and networking concepts apply to cloud computing and virtualization.
- Design, implement, and manage a complex relational database.
- Manage an information system project from conception through closure.
- Be aware of information assurance issues, and the essential skills required to implement and maintain security in information systems.
- Evaluate the impact of information systems on business operations and prescribe remedies.
- Design and implement an information system using the appropriate programming paradigm and programming language.
- Design and implement desktop, mobile, and web applications