- Hands-on experience in performing security assessments of web-based applications including threat modelling, vulnerability assessments, and penetration testing.
- Review violations of computer security procedures and discuss procedures with violators to ensure violations are not repeated.
- Encrypt data transmissions and erect firewalls to conceal confidential information as it is being transmitted and to keep out tainted digital transfers.
- Development and/or vulnerability testing experience with web frameworks.
- Monitor current reports of computer viruses to determine when to update virus protection systems.
- Experience with vulnerability scanners, as well as with web application testing tools such as Burp, OWASP Zap, Nessus, Nmap, NeXpose, Metasploit, Wire shark.
- Continuous focus and contribution in the areas of performance, reliability, and maintainability of the product.
- Cultivate working relationships with various IT and Business groups acting in a consultative capacity for various projects by helping them understand security vulnerabilities.