- Decision Analysis
- Quantitative Methods
Bachelor of Science
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Decision Analysis
- Information Systems Statistics
- Theories of Learning
- Legal & Political Environments
- Advanced Marketing
- Advertising & Public Relations
- Channel Distribution
- Consumer Behavior
- Design Problems
- Marketing Communication
- Marketing Research
- Visual Communication
- SBA Field Experience : Small Business Development Consultation
Master of Science in Education
- Adult Learning Maturity to Old Age
- Instructional Theory and Practical Techniques
- Educational Research
- Nature of Adult Continuing Education
- Experimental Methods in Adult Continuing Education
- Curriculum Design for Leadership Development Training
- Instruction and Learner Assessment
Market Research & Communication
Director of Prevention
Researched, planned & delivered family support/comprehensive community prevention services for public housing demonstration project. Facilitated interagency partnership activities. Conducted model searches to identify best practice models. Designed and implemented community needs assessment with thirty (30) volunteer assessors, coordinated fivehundred forty-three (545) household surveys, physically located & mapped ninety-five (95) human service agencies in accordance wirh geogaphic design/area, inventoried and catalogued 398 programs. Conducted weekly community forums & trainings. Developed interagency agreements/protocols, outcome based work plans, program budgets & training methodologies/curricula. Prepared monthly status reports & annual program applications for state funded ATODA prevention. Supervised paraprofesional staff of family support specialists ansd prevention specialists.
- Successfully improved efficiency and productivity by introducing a new system that catalogued 398 programs and 95 agencies; oversaw community needs assessment survey design and implementing 545 interviews, maintained personal accountability for the accuracy and integrity of all data.
- Developed training manuals and led engaging workshops and seminars for public/private sectors on topics related to team building, marketing, diversity, community assessments, problem solving, job creation, total quality management, and economic development.
- Peer reviewer for U.S. Department of Health and Human Services SAMSHA Treatment Intervention Protocol (TIP) #38.
Assistant Director of Resource Development, Internal/External Communications
Managed senior development team responsible for the researching, writing, and submitting grant and foundation proposals for new external resources. Developed program designs, modifications, job descriptions, budgets and timelines to qualify for available funding. Researched literature from various funding sources and determined feasibility and strategies for potential applications, coordinated with appropriate internal staff, community stakeholders, governmental agencies, foundations, corporate, private and not for profit organizations on development of grant applications, coordinated related special events. Promoted from Senior Grant Developer, Department of Grant Administration
- Achieved 76% success rate towards securing goal of $50 million in new resources.
- Played integral role in securing $28.7 million in grant funding in 1998 and $40 million in 2000 - 2002, and independently solicited and captured approximately $5 million in new public and private resources.
- Built twelve community partnerships and diverse programs from the ground up and spring-boarded new initiatives by advising volunteers, program administrators and non profit Board of Directors of new and existing organizations.
Senior Manager of Marketing & Outreach, Information Technology Services
Chicago Housing Authority
Responsible for special initiatives/projects related to the promotion of digital literacy for public housing residents and agency staff. Required to develop marketing communication materials, e.g. direct mail campaigns, posters, pamphlets, event launches, brochures, newsletters, flyers, cable television interviews, multimedia training materials/manuals, competitive award submissions, and evaluation reports. Conducted community needs assessments, site/program planning activities, technology inventories and audits.
- Wrote the submission that led the agency to receive the prestigious Richard H. Driehaus Foundation Public Innovation Award for E-Governance.
- Significantly enhanced the public image by generating consistent promotional and branding tools.
Special Assistant to CIO/Project Executive, Project Management Office
Chicago Housing Authority
Special Assistant to the Chief Information Officer, served as designee with strategic oversight for departmental goals, objecitves, human capacity development.
Project management/support for multi-year federally funded technology initiatives valued at $1.65 million.Consult w/endusers, management, vendors & technicians to initiate,plan,execute,control & evaluate projects. Control project operating fund budgets/expenditures. Logically identify strengths & weaknesses of alternative solutions/approaches to problems. Develop corrective action plans. Expertise in project management discipline & techniques, familiarity w/traditional project/product dev. cycle methodologies & processes, understands dependencies & impacts w/other projects;excellent time management skills, flexible self starter, performs independently,execution-oriented; follow tight deadlines, organize & prioritize work; strong verbal/written communication skills, ability to present complex information in a clear, concise fashion; strong skills/experience in creating project documentation; lead & motivate cross-functional teams.(Formerly Sr. Mgr Mkt & Outreach.)
- Pioneered and directed high-impact Federal projects that assisted low-income families in finding affordable housing, digital inclusion and support services by creating a new Web-based and multimedia solution.
- Project management responsibilities for IT General Controls audit and corrective actions.
- Coordinated departmental restructuring and job description revsioning to align with IT industry standards for department of thirty-eight professionals..
Manager, Organizational Effectiveness
- blogmaster, CHA Speakers of the House (SOTH)Toastmasters International Club #1273065
- member, McKinsey Quarterly's Online Executive Panel
- script writer, CHA Annual Employee Leadership Recognition Awards 2009, 2011
- special event planner/coordinator, CHA's Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day 2011