CISCO Systems –Test Engineer / Lab Manager , Herndon VAAug 00 – Sept 06
- Cisco Optical Network System 15454 software development testing, generate test plans, set up test networks, automate test cases and integrate in automation test beds.
- Provision and Maintain a Lab Network (Cisco 6500 & 3500 switches and 2600 routers) as well as support desktop PC’s and Sun workstations.
- Test Equipment experience: Agilent, IXIA, SmartBits, Acterna, Spirent (DS1, DS3, SONET, Ethernet, GigE) Traffic Generators and Protocol Analyzers.
- Support Cisco sales teams, providing technical expertise and assist with customer demos.
- ISO/TL9000 compliance work.
üEnhanced my technical knowledge in TCP/IP, Cisco equipment (Routers, switches and MSPP/MSTP). Broadened my technical knowledge to SONET, MPLS, DWDM, GbE.
üHoned my time management, organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks within a results-driven environment by successfully working on several issues and projects simultaneously.
üEnhanced my communication skills by interacting with customers and account teams through demonstrations, trainings and presentations.
üDeveloped teamwork skills that advanced the team’s goals.
üIP Routing Protocols RIP, OSPF, BGP.