I have over 15 years of experience as a Systems / Test Engineer in the Communications / Networking Industry.
Oct 2006 - Dec 2007
Lead QA Engineer
- Lead Team of Test Engineers and participate in hands-on testing of SOALogix products and applications.
- Define and report on quality objectives and metrics that support SOALogix product goals.
- Participate in product, technical and project reviews and analysis including scheduling of QA resources.
- Work closely with product management, support, professional services and product engineering to ensure smooth and successful product releases.
Aug 2000 - Sep 2006
Test Engineer / Lab Manager
- Cisco Optical Network System 15454 software development testing, generate test plans, set up test networks, automate test cases and integrate in automation test beds.
- Provision and Maintain a Lab Network (Cisco 6500 & 3500 switches and 2600 routers) as well as support desktop PC’s and Sun workstations.
- Test Equipment experience: Agilent, IXIA, SmartBits, Acterna, Spirent (DS1, DS3, SONET, Ethernet, GigE) Traffic Generators and Protocol Analyzers.
- Support Cisco sales teams, providing technical expertise and assist with customer demos.
- ISO/TL9000 compliance work.
üEnhanced my technical knowledge in TCP/IP, Cisco equipment (Routers, switches and MSPP/MSTP). Broadened my technical knowledge to SONET, MPLS, DWDM, GbE.
üHoned my time management, organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks within a results-driven environment by successfully working on several issues and projects simultaneously.
üEnhanced my communication skills by interacting with customers and account teams through demonstrations, trainings and presentations.
üDeveloped teamwork skills that advanced the team’s goals.
üIP Routing Protocols RIP, OSPF, BGP.
Sep 1999 - Jul 2000
·Develop standards for test plans, test procedures, and generate test scripts.
·Work up front with design engineers to ensure a diagnosable and testable product.
·Perform regression tests and new functionality tests on new software releases.
·Report bugs and provide feedback to design for testability and process/product improvements.
·Support Field installation and lab trials
üEnhanced my technical knowledge in VoIP SGCP H.323 SIP.
üCustomer acceptance testing interopability testing.
üCustomer field experience.
Mar 1993 - Aug 1999
System Test Engineer
- Nortel / Telesat multimedia research project.IP over Ethernet on a Broadband Satellite channel.Write and execute test plans based on functional specifications.Use of Smartbits platform for traffic simulation and system performance of the network.
- Satellite ground station system integration and test for Inmarsat Satellite communication network.Write and execute test plans based on functionality specifications.Use of protocol analyzers, load generators, and automated test toolsOn site PSTN network integration testing with Telstra (Australia), British Telecom, and Singapore Telecom.Compatibility / Interop testing with MITEL GX5000 and Nortel / Lucent / Alcatel PSTN swithces
- Military communication programmable High Frequency Antenna Array Receiver System, Developed programmable logic,EPLD / Synario, VXI bus protocol, Labview, RF test equipment use HP8569B Spectrum Anaglyzer, HP1650 Logic Analyzer, HP8753B Network Analyzer.
- Design of automated test equipment for the Canadian Space Agency and NASA, International Space Station Remote Arm Project.
üBroadened my technical knowledge and experience with customer acceptance testing of telecommunication networks.
üDeveloped troubleshooting skills with complex telecommunications systems, test bed and live systems.
üExtensive proposal work, preparation of design documentation and manuals, preparation and delivery of training courses.