Systems Enginner - Onsite Cordinator
Tata Consultancy Services @ Apple Onsite
Project : Apple IAD
Project Description :
iAd is a mobile advertising platform developed by Apple Inc. for its iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad line.
Brief about my Role :
TCS is mainly involved in the continuous maintenance and support of IAD applications in an Onsite-Offshore model and ensure IAD functionality is maintained through 24 * 7 monitoring and resolve issues with/without the support of other functional teams . To continuously support applications,my role as a Onsite Coordinator is to take up new issues(as they arise) to the respective functional team and learn resolution steps. Document those resolution steps and train Offshore to handle those issues when next time they occur . Thereby expanding the scope of our team .
* SPOC for monitoring tools Splunk, RHQ & Nagios.
* Meeting with various Application Teams on regular basis and learn their application and troubleshooting steps needed to support them.
* Document the scope,purpose& resolution steps of applications.
* Train Offshore team on a continuous basis on new applications/issues.
* Take up new issues(as they arise) to the respective functional team and learn resolution steps.
* Understand new requirements from client for automation projects and co-ordinate with Offshore resources until completion .
* Arrange regular meetings with Client and Offshore team for better understanding of the requirements and system.
* Provide Weekly and Monthly status report to Management and Application Owners . The report highlight the repeated issues arrived over those time-period, Scope of our team,activities/development completed and help needed from respective team .