Memphis VA Medical Center
- Practiced the Nutrition Care Process in two different VA locations (Memphis VAMC and Jesse Brown VAMC)
- Completed HIPPA training as well as the required TMS training courses.
- Wrote a National Grant Proposal: Establishment of a Rural Health Nutrition Program via Telehealth Technology.
- Helped to create a Home Tube Feeding Manual at The Jesse Brown VAMC.
- Lead TPN team rounds at the Jesse Brown VAMC and acted as the Nutrition team in multidisciplinary rounds on the MICU at the Memphis VAMC.
- Learned the importance of flexibility and a multidisciplinary approach by spending time with specialties including: ICU Nursing, Surgery, Respiratory Therapy, Speech Therapy, Cardiac Catheterization, and Wound Care Nursing
- Provided nutrition counseling in Spanish.
- Collected and analyzed patient satisfaction surveys and Valuable Conversations and developed and implemented programs for improvement.
- Wrote nutrition tips at a 3rd grade reading level for the VA Twitter account.
- Provided in-service education to the clinical staff at the Memphis VAMC and Jesse Brown VAMC about the insulin-pump infusion and continuous glucose monitoring systems