Texas Department of Family and Protective Services
The position assists staff in identifying kinship placements for children in Texas Department of Protective & Regulatory Services (PRS) conservatorship.
- Developing supportive services for the families, which could include training, case management, family counseling, support groups, and information and referral services.
- Coordinates these services and assists families in obtaining financial assistance offered by PRS to help stabilize placements.
- Distribute funds which may be used for day care tuition, tutoring, and assistance with limited exceptional services.
- Tracks the provision and utilization of services available through community resources and state agencies for families providing foster care.
- Assures foster parents are provided the opportunity to participate in the development of child plans that address child safety, permanency, and well-being issues.
- Attends related CPS meetings, and case staffings.
- Interacts routinely with Texas Department of Family and Protective Services district and state office staff, and the community at large.