Ability to be hands-on and open minded in any working situation. Team player, organized, and driven. Creative and full of fresh, innovative ideas.
Content Creation Process Advertising Theories for MyFitnessPal created in Communications 640.
Marketing Communication Plan for BoomBox Crossfit San Diego created in Communications 630.
Marketing Plan for STEP (Support the Enlisted Project) created in Communications 610.
Writing Samples from blog created in Journalism 620.
Social Media Platforms
Jun 2014 - Present
Balboa Park Cultural Partnership
- Conduct research and collaborate on program development for general workshops, Balboa Park Mix & Match, customer service training, and accessibility workshops.
- Manage registration, location, and equipment procurement, and additional logistics; as well as preparing program materials and handling set-up.
- Lead marketing and communication efforts for BPLI: maintain website and online dissemination of content; strategize and drive BPLI’s use of social media.
- Serve as a liaison between Park staff, organizations, community and partners to support collaborative efforts of constituents.
- Track program, participant, and organizational data, as well as processing expenses.
- Assist with grant writing and reporting.
- Help align BPLI with other BPCP programs and grant initiatives such as the Art of Science Learning San Diego Incubator and San Diego State University’s InforMath.
Mar 2014 - May 2014
Armed Services YMCA San Diego
- Responsible for creating, enhancing, and reorganizing curriculum for programs.
- Assist with strategic planning of programs and documentation to ensure program goals are met.
- Manage youth development programs and ensure quality of programming through supervision and training staff.
- Recruit and interview families and children for youth programs.
- Conduct focus groups with youth to evaluate programs.
- Design and implement new statistical reporting processes for youth programs for development purposes.
- Support grant application and fund generation using ASY stories, participant photos, and other activities.
- Organize and order program supplies and equipment according to program budget.
- Communicate with donors, potential donors, individuals in need, volunteers, partners, ASYMCA SD Board and staff, and others from the community.
Jun 2013 - May 2014
PR Liaison for Family & Youth Enrichment
Armed Services YMCA San Diego
- Responsible for supporting and implementing the Armed Services YMCA rebranding process.
- Strategically redesign (copy and editing) flyers, calendars, brochures, and forms for distribution.
- Successfully designed media items (banner, posters, invitations, etc) for Father & Daughter Dance using Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Draft text for website, email blasts, and social media regarding programs and special events.
- Assist with scheduling social media postings for special events and weekly programs.
- Take lead in writing blog posts about summer camp program for “News & Press” section on website.
- Successfully secure vendor for special event printing needs.
- Create and distribute an organized plan to rebrand products within department.
- Take lead in collecting photos for redesign process.
- Implement and ensure the “Y voice” in all media text.
- Work collaboratively with PR & Development and Family & Youth Enrichment to prioritize rebranding needs.
Nov 2011 - Mar 2014
Armed Services YMCA San Diego
- Responsible for maintaining communication and partnerships with outside organizations and schools.
- Successfully coordinated camp scholarships in partnership with Living Coast Discovery Center, which includes scheduling marketing dates and registering families.
- Responsible for planning and coordinating for special events: Father & Daughter Dance, Healthy Kids Day and Day Out programs.
- Successfully managed the pre, during, and post tasks for Day Out program which includes marketing and media design, registration, follow-up, documentation, and trip planning.
- Coordinate all details associated with Day Out programs including negotiating with vendors to secure goods and services and communicate with participant’s families via email blasts and promotional items.
- Ensure quality programming and customer service to participants and community.
- Responsible for completing statistical reports weekly and monthly.
- Utilize resourcefulness and problem solving skills in order to work independently and manage multiple priorities and responsibilities.
Jul 2010 - Dec 2011
Children's Activities Coordinator
YWCA of San Diego County (Cortez Hill Family Center/Becky's House Emergency Shelter)
- Coordinate and implement daily programs and activities for children at shelter.
- Maintain activity documentation: attendance list, monthly activities report, and A Window Between Worlds (a therapeutic art program) monthly activity reports.
- Successfully created and implemented program rules and guidelines for Children’s Program.
- Coordinate planning and production of special events, including vendors, donations, and all related promotional and advertising.
- Responsible for management, supervision, and documentation of interns and volunteers in Children’s Program.
- Successfully researched, created partnerships, and implemented new programs in Children’s Program including a therapeutic music program and off-site fieldtrips.
- Recruit volunteers and interns to assist with all aspects of special event and activities.
- Create all media and flyers for events and activities.
- Certified domestic violence counselor.
Jul 2013 - Jun 2014
Master of Arts
Masters focus: communication management, communication plans and execution, establishing marketing and communication needs for organizations, follow through and evaluation of plans, research methodologies
Additional coursework: Content Distribution Processes and Technologies; Integrated Marketing Communications and Research; Crisis Communications & Management; Management of Communication Campaigns; Communications Program Measurement and Evaluation; Management of Creativity & Innovation; and Persuasion and the Content Creation Process.
Overall GPA: 4.0/4.0
Aug 2005 - Dec 2009
Bachelor of Science
University of Hawai'i at Manoa
Major focus: Family development, family resource management, and skills: grant writing, formal presentations, community needs assessment tools and research and analysis of data. Additional Coursework: Family Resource Management; Community Needs and Resources; Family Financial Planning; Family Life Education; Research Methodology; and Consumer Communications.Overall GPA 3.5/4.0