▪ Promoted to editor in 2006 after being named S.C. Journalist of the year
▪ Managed the effort to redesign the newspaper, updating its appearance and creating more local, new content
▪ Designed editorial pages, coordinated special sections.
▪ Covered county council and economic development, wrote general assignments, features, covered crime, courts, wrote columns and editorials.
▪ Responsible for newspaper's website, OnlineChester.com.
▪ Supervised two full-time reporters, down from three when assumed position. Also managed interns, student journalists.
▪ Arranged a summer semester class in 2007 for five Winthrop University journalism students, coordinating with two professors. Essentially quadrupled news resources of the paper for more than a month.
▪ In 2006, helped newspaper convert to totally digital production.
▪ In 2006, helped paper introduce and manage computer upgrade, switching from Quark Xpress to InDesign for layout.
▪ In 2006, helped upgrade website with reader comments, slideshows, audio and video content before the company went with in-house system.
▪ Took paper through two reductions in the print web, most recently to 23-inch web.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite Design suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat.
News Editor (January 2005 - March 2006)
▪ Covered county government, economic development, upgraded web coverage for two-week murder trial of Christopher Pittman, which drew national coverage.
Interim Editor (December 2004 - January 2005)
▪ Supervised staff of two reporter/editors, one page designer, stringers and an intern while the paper searched for a permanent editor