Running, travel, environmental causes, cycling.
Dynamic and hardworking marketing specialist with expertise in creating effective campaigns for a diverse range of top-tier clients, as well as offering outstanding communication, presentation, negotiation, and relationship management skills. A proactive team-player, equally effective in independent and collaborative environments. Capable of handling multiple concurrent projects; consistently achieve critical deadlines while maintaining the highest quality standards. Seeking new and challenging opportunities with an organization where the combination of experience and passion can be utilized for mutual growth and advancement.
Account Management · Channel Development · Lead Generation · Market Penetration
Presentations · Product Launch & Marketing · Branding · Internet & Target Marketing
- Taproot Foundation (Volunteer Project Manager)
- American Advertising Federation (Member)
- Daughters of the American Revolution (Member)
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (Team in Training)
Apr 2009 - Present
Pro Bono Project Manager
Coordinated all aspects of the service grant team on behalf of the Taproot Foundation. Developed a brand strategy, key messages and competitive marketing analysis for the National Crime Prevention Council (NCPC) - home of McGruff the Crime Dog.
Mar 2007 - Jun 2008
Manager, Client Services
Client: Verizon Communications
Steered all aspects of strategic brand activation and marketing efforts within multiple channels for a varied client base. Managed interdepartmental relationships with development of regional programs, involving campaign assets. Developed creative briefs and positioning documents giving creative direction for regional marketing and advertising. Served closely with in-house creative team developing brochures, websites, signage, and newsletters. Additional clients included Discovery Communications, McCormick & Co.
- Instrumental in the success of the Potomac Mall kiosks that generated over 14,000 on behalf of Verizon Communications in 2007.
- Developed a “Back to School” retail promotion campaign to increase traffic for the Potomac Mall kiosks, resulting in month after month sales increase of an average of 3%.
- Implemented regional Realtor program that provided Verizon Communications with over 150 Realtor consumer referrals during a four-month period.
Nov 2005 - Feb 2007
(Client: Army National Guard)
Researched, identified, and coordinated sponsorship opportunities that directly generated leads and enlistments.
- Established Nebraska’s state-specific marketing program, the first in the nation, and a model for other states to utilize.
- Created advertising campaign for the Lincoln National Guard Marathon & Half-Marathon resulting in an increase in entries of 12% over previous year.
- Managed the tuner auto show sponsorship-a program that generated an average of 800 leads per show for state recruiting officers and was also responsible for over 10 enlistments.
- Expertly crafted and employed advertising strategies designed to support recruitment and retention initiatives; directed and contributed to the revitalization of more than 100 storefront recruitment centers.
Dec 2003 - Nov 2005
RedPeg Marketing, Inc.
Effectively developed and realized major, multi-million dollar projects for top-tier clients, including many Fortune 500 companies. Directed marketing strategies from proposal and conception stage through completion, coordinated all logistical activities, hired and trained field teams, and managed budgets. Clients included Mexican Board of Tourism, Bacardi, Alize de France, Washington Post/Newsweek Interactive, Miller, and US Airways.
- Achieved impressive rates of penetration and awareness by executing an eight-week mobile tour for the Mexican government.
- Connected with more than 400,000 consumers in 20 North American markets with 8,000 individuals reporting plans to travel to Mexico within a year, based on the promotion.
Jan 2002 - Nov 2003
Six Flags America
Managed all department activity, including 10-member Summer Intern Team; worked closely with in-house Public Relations Department, authoredand disseminated advertising copy, press releases, and website updates; directed radio advertising campaigns; collaborated with vendors to develop park map and brochures, as well as negotiated contracts.
- Designed and instituted a large-scale tactical approach to promoting Six Flags in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area; identified, created, and utilized multi-media advertising opportunities and special events to significantly expand market share.
- In addition to $700,000 print advertising budget, coordinated major events, including “Best of Maryland” two-day park festival, drawing 10% attendance increase over previous year; launched first mobile street promotions team that gained 5,000 new park guests.
Dec 2001 - Present
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, International Business