Skills That Work For You
May 2000 - Present
- Created and direct social media public relations and advertising efforts. Focused on Twitter, YouTube, blog and web site integration. Designed and wrote e-newsletters, press releases.
- Execution of web presence through social media as well as e-satisfaction surveys, e-placement surveys and e-event registration.
- Served as principal media spokesman.
Business Services Manager
- Delivered employment services to business. Including job postings, recruitments, testing and screening.
- Organized job fairs. Including employer solicitation, advertising, facility selection, design of floor plan and job seeker registration.
- Analyzed labor market data using it as a driver for business planning and public relations efforts.
Information Technology Manager
- Supported voice, data and web page infrastructure.
- Transitioned phone system to Voice Over Internet Protocol dramatically lowering costs.
- Installed a touch screen system to record job seeker activities. Saving about $8,000 per year.
May 1997 - May 2000
News Bureau Chief
- Responsible for news coverage in Connecticut and Western Massachusetts.
- Managed staff at multiple locations.
- Reported for active national news wire/audio service.
May 1994 - May 1997
- Morning drive newscaster.
- News writer and audio editor.
- Represented station at radio station events.
Produce presentations with a combination of still photography and video set to narration and/or music.
Audio Recording & Editing
Skilled with Adobe Audition.
Skilled at analyzing data and presenting it in various formats including written, spoken, Powerpoint, video/audio.
Web Site Design & Administation
As part of a project to learn web design I created a website targeting radio and general media news. This included selection and acquisition of a URL (site address), design, content creation, a blog and SEO (Search Engine Optimization). The site can be seen at radiodog.cc
Excellent public speaking and presentation skills. I have presented at trade shows, schools, colleges, including the Massachusetts Institute of Technology for Colgate-Palmolive.
Digital photography and editing skills in Adobe Photoshop.